When you’ve suffered harm, financially, physically or mentally, and it wasn’t your fault, you may, in some cases, be eligible to claim compensation. Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Caerphilly could help with a wide variety of compensation claims, from those involving medical malpractice, to those involving financial mis selling and more. Whether you have a personal injury claim against an employer because of a workplace injury, or a financial claim against your landlord for disrepair, a no win no fee solicitor could take your case forward with no money due from you until the case has concluded successfully. In this guide, we attempt to answer all of the pertinent questions you might have about making such claims, from explaining the way in which these types of claim work, to what types of claims they could help you with. Should anything in this guide be at all unclear, please do not hesitate to call 0800 073 8802 to speak to a member of the No Win No Fee Expert team. Alternatively, read through the guide below for more details.
What No Win No Fee Means
If you’re wondering what making a claim with no win no fee solicitors covering Caerphilly involves, let us give you some guidance. In simple terms, your solicitor would be able to take on your claim under a no win no fee agreement. This agreement is a document that you and your solicitor would both sign. It covers the terms and conditions under which your solicitor would be paid for their services. You would not need to pay a retainer for the lawyer to begin your case. They would be paid a success fee from your compensation settlement, and this would be detailed in the agreement as a percentage amount. If they fail to win your case, if you have a valid claim, then you would not be required to pay them for their services. Now we’ve covered how these claims work, we can now look at some of the different kinds of claims these solicitors could take on.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Claims For Caerphilly Car And Road Accidents
- Medical Malpractice Claims Against Doctors, Dentists And Other Practitioners
- Claim Compensation For A Work Accident In Caerphilly
- No Win No Fee Holiday Injury Claims
- Compensation For Victims Of Violent Crimes In The UK
- Examples Of Other No Win No Fee Injury Claims
- Investment And Pension Mis-Selling Claims
- Caerphilly Tenancy Deposit Claims
- No Win No Fee Housing Disrepair Compensation
- Getting In Contact With No Win No Fee Expert
- Resources For The Caerphilly Area
Road traffic accident claims are perhaps one of the most common types of claims we are asked about. In Wales, in 2018, police recorded 4215 casualties on Welsh roads. If you’ve had a road accident in Caerphilly that you were not at fault for, then you could claim compensation not just for the injuries, whether that is whiplash, head injuries or broken bones for example, but also for expenses associated with the Caerphilly road accident. This could include the likes of loss of earnings, childcare costs, care costs, medical and travel expenses, for example.
A no win no fee solicitor could help with claims that you have sustained avoidable injuries in, such as:
- A car accident where you were sideswiped by another vehicle when they dangerously overtook you
- A traffic accident where another driver hit your car head-on
- A motorbike accident where you were knocked off your bike by a driver that wasn’t paying due care and attention to the road
- A pedestrian accident where a driver failed to stop at a zebra crossing
Even if a driver did not have insurance or did not stop at the scene of an accident they caused, you may still be able to claim compensation. The Motor insurance Bureau (MIB) exists for just such circumstances. To discuss your claim in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Making a medical negligence claim could be stressful. Not only might you still be suffering the after-effects of the negligent treatment you received, but you may also be financially disadvantaged, especially if your income has reduced because you have had to spend time off work recovering. Having a no win no fee solicitor on your side when putting through a claim for medical malpractice from doctors could be invaluable. Not only could they take the stress of building a case from your shoulders, but they could also use their experience and knowledge to build a strong case that could be hard for the liable party to refute.
The types of claims you could make that involve clinical negligence could vary. In simple terms, if your personal injury lawyer could prove that negligence has caused you harm, and if the negligence hadn’t happened you would be in a better physical or mental condition, then you could have a claim. This could fall under:
- Hospital negligence – hospital-acquired infections, misdiagnosis, blood test negligence and more…
- Childbirth negligence – failure to notice distress in labour, failure to diagnose a maternal condition, and more…
- Surgical negligence – failure to remove instruments from the surgical field, mistakes due to negligence in surgery and more…
- Dental negligence – wrong tooth extraction, failure to spot oral cancers, and more…
- Care home negligence – failure to treat bedsores, failure to dispense medicines, neglect and more…
- GP negligence – Misdiagnoses, late diagnosis, prescription errors and more…
These are just a few examples. Whether you’ve experienced private healthcare negligence or NHS negligence, why not call the advisors from our team for advice and support.
If you have suffered an accident because your employer has not taken reasonable steps to protect your health and safety at work, and you were injured, you may be able to retain the services of a personal injury lawyer on a no win no fee basis to help build a case against your employer.
In addition to this, you could also look into making personal injury claims for work-related illnesses or conditions, such as tendonitis, COPD, Industrial deafness, Asbestosis and more.
What needs to be proven in both types of claims is that your injuries, illness, or condition may not have happened if your employer had taken action to protect you from harm or reduce your exposure to risks as much as possible. Some examples of the types of claims that could be made might include:
- You developed a Repetitive Strain Injury because your employer did not set up a workstation correctly, and did not allow you to take regular breaks from repetitive movements, such as typing.
- You developed dermatitis because your employer did not provide you with gloves when working with chemicals.
- You slipped on a wet floor that was not signposted or cleared up on the office floor and broke your leg.
- You were trapped in machinery because your employer failed to fit safety guards.
- And more…
If you feel that you could have a work-related claim, why not call us and see if one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Caerphilly could assist with your case?
Did you know that if you were injured abroad that you would not have to look for a solicitor in the country you were injured in, whether you were injured on the plane, in an airport, at your hotel or elsewhere on holiday. However, such claims can be complex and there may be different pieces of legislation that you could be claiming under, which is one of the reasons we would advise you to use a solicitor for a holiday injury claim, rather than trying to go it alone. These pieces of legislation could include, but may not be limited to:
As you can see if you click on the links, these are quite technical documents, and having a no win no fee solicitor who is experienced in holiday claims could be of great benefit to you.
What Types Of Holiday Claim Could I Make?
Whether you have fallen ill or sustained injuries in a holiday accident, if someone else was to blame, you could have a claim. A no win no fee solicitor could help you with:
- Claims for incidents on the plane – Including plane crash, burns and scalds from hot drinks being spilled on you, being served food with known allergens in and more…
- Claims for incidents in the airport – Injuries from broken luggage trolleys, slips on wet floors, injuries from the elevator and more could be covered here….
- Claims for incidents in the hotel – Food poisoning, being injured in falls from unsafe balconies, swimming pool injuries and more…
- Claims for incidents in transit to your hotel – Coach crashes, injuries from broken seating and more…
No matter what has happened, if you’ve suffered physically or mentally because of someone else’s actions or negligence while on holiday, you may be eligible for compensation.
According to the police, between the months of October 2018 and September 2019, in St James, 256 reports of violent or sexual offences were recorded. Should you be one of the victims of violent crime and you suffered injuries, you could retain the services of a solicitor to help you in making a claim through the government-run scheme Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). You could claim if you were:
- Injured as a victim of crime
- Injured as someone trying to stop a crime
- Mentally scarred by witnessing a violent crime
The time limit for making a claim for criminal injuries through CICA is just two years from the date of the incident in most cases.
Historical Sexual Abuse Time Limits
Unfortunately, some victims of sexual abuse that happened when they were younger could struggle to process what has happened to them. Because of this, they may not report the abuse to the police until later, as they may have felt unable to talk about it. In these cases, an exception to the time limit could be made, and no win no fee solicitors covering Caerphilly may be able to help with this. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are in this situation, as we will do everything possible to help you.
Of course, you are not restricted to making claims for the above situations. If you’ve been injured or made ill by someone else’s actions or negligence, you could make a claim for compensation with no win no fee solicitors covering Caerphilly, as long as third-party liability can be proved. This could include:
- Injuries in public places
- Injuries due to slips and falls
- Injuries due to botched beauty treatments
- Injuries due to faulty products
- And more…
If you’re not sure whether you have a claim, you can call us for free advice and guidance on whether you might be eligible for compensation.
If you have purchased a financial product and found it had fees and charges you weren’t made aware of when it was sold to you, it could have been mis sold. Likewise, if you have been sold a financial product or service that isn‘t suitable for your needs, you could also have been a victim of mis selling. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) dictates that financial institutions and advisors should practice fair selling techniques and they should fully inform you of risks, fees, charges applicable to the products they sell you. They should also not pressure you into making a decision on a product. If they do not do so, and you have lost out financially as a result then you may wish to seek out a no win no fee solicitor to help you with a claim.
If you’ve paid a deposit to your landlord after April 2007, they should have deposited it in a protection scheme approved by the government (a TDS).
If they failed to use an approved TDS or failed to tell you the details of the deposit scheme they used, or unfairly held your deposit, you could look into whether a solicitor could help you make a claim.
The amount of compensation could vary from case to case, but could be up to triple your initial deposit.
Have you experienced housing disrepair? Did it cause you to suffer financial or physical harm? Whether your personal items have been damaged by damp, you’ve suffered injury because you were burnt by faulty pipes, or you’ve fallen ill because a faulty gas heating system gave you carbon monoxide poisoning, you could claim compensation. In order to successfully make a claim for housing disrepair, you need to have followed the correct protocol for reporting the issues and that your landlord was aware of them and did nothing to fix them.
If you’d like to know more about what could lead to no win no fee housing disrepair claims, then simply call our team of friendly advisors.
Getting in touch with No Win No Fee Expert couldn’t be easier.
● Get In Touch With Us
● Discuss Your Situation
We may ask some questions about your situation, in order to ascertain whether you could be eligible to make a claim. If we feel you are, we could offer to connect you to a no win no fee solicitor from our panel to assist you in making a claim.
● Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
If you choose to work with our panel of no win no fee solicitors, as they are not based in Caerphilly they will make sure that you are kept up to date regularly throughout the claims process.
In the sections below, you could find useful local resources for Caerphilly.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Caerphilly
As part of the personal injury claims process, you would need to see a doctor. This is so that your condition could be recorded in an independent doctors’ report, which would be used to calculate the value of your claim. Here are some examples of the independent doctors from our panel that could be found nearby;
|Louise Whyte||Health & Sports Physiotherapy, 50-52 Station Road, Llanishen, CF14 5QP|
|Mohammed Ahmad||818 Newport Road, CF3 4LH|
Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr Community Hospital
This hospital has approximately 269 beds, with a minor injuries unit led by nurses, a mental health service and more.
Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr Community Hospital
Ystrad Fawr Way,
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
This board has its headquarters in Caerleon and serves South East Wales.
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
Caerphilly County Borough Council
Caerphilly County Borough Council
Gwent Police Headquarters,
Written by JE.
Edited by CE.