Have you been injured in a workplace accident? Were you the victim of clinical negligence? Or been hurt in a road accident? If you answered yes to any of these questions, and the accident was not your fault, then it could be possible for you to make a compensation claim. As long as you are within the personal injury claims time limit and you can prove the accident was the responsibility of a third party, it may be possible to make personal injury claims.
We can provide you with an expert from our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Cleethorpes to process your claim for you. If you would like to know more about this or simply have some questions about the claims process, please speak to a member of our claims team on 0800 073 8802.
Examples Of How No Win No Fee Services Work
You have probably heard the term ‘No Win No Fee’ in passing briefly before. But do you really know what it means? If you are confused about how the fee structure actually works when you use a No Win No Fee solicitor to manage your claim for you, then this section may be of use to you. We will this explain briefly below.
When you first contact a solicitor to discuss your claim, if the solicitor believes your claim is valid, then they will come an agreement of what percentage of the overall money should be used as a ‘success fee’. However, this won’t be taken until the claim has been resolved successfully. It is taken directly from the compensation payment the solicitor receives on your behalf. This is the only time you will be expected to pay a fee. It should be noted that this percentage is capped at a maximum of 25%.
Once your solicitor picks up your claim and begins preparing to process the claim, you won’t be charged any fee for their services. You also will not be charged for the solicitor to process the claim, no matter how long this phase takes. If the solicitor is unsuccessful in getting you any compensation, you won’t be held liable for your legal representative’s fees.
This type of fee arrangement, known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA), removes many of the financial risks associated with making a claim. If you need more information about this service, please call our claims team on the telephone number located the bottom of this page. You can also click here to read a more comprehensive description of the CFA claims process.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Claims For Traffic And Road Accidents In Cleethorpes
- No Win No Fee Medical Negligence And Compensation Claims
- Accident At Work Claims With No Win No Fee Solicitors
- No Win No Fee Holiday Injury Compensation Claims
- Cleethorpes Violent Crime Victim Compensation Claims
- Different Examples Of Personal Injury Claims
- Mis-Selling Pension Compensation Claims
- Claim For A Withheld Tenancy Deposit
- Housing Disrepair And Personal Injury Claims
- Contact A Solicitor Covering Cleethorpes
- Cleethorpes Area Resources
Claims For Traffic And Road Accidents In Cleethorpes
In 2018, there were 25,511 serious injuries reported to the police that were caused by Road Traffic Accidents (RTA). This data was published in the 2018 annual report from the Department of Transport.
If you were to be injured in a Cleethorpes car accident or any other kind of RTA that wasn’t your fault, you may have the basis of a claim. For example, this may include:
- A pedestrian is crossing the road at a zebra crossing, a van driver approaching the zebra crossing is their cell phone and doesn’t see the pedestrian. The car hits the pedestrian and they suffer a fractured pelvis and traumatic head injuries.
- A passenger sitting in the back seat of a bus and suffers whiplash when the bus is forced to stop quickly, due to a cyclist swerving in front of it.
- A motorcyclist collides with a car that pulled out of a side road before checking the junction was clear, the motorcyclist fractures several ribs.
In each of these examples, we can see how the actions of one road user caused harm to another. In each case, it could have been possible for the injured party to make a compensation claim. If you would like us to evaluate your own RTA claim for you, speak to a member of our claims team today.
No Win No Fee Medical Negligence And Compensation Claims
Everyone who works in a medical profession in the UK, from nurses through to surgeons, is expected to carry out their duties in a way that never causes harm to a patient unnecessarily. But of course, mistakes can be made and accidents can happen. When they do and a patient is harmed due to avoidable accidents, it can be construed as negligence. For example:
- A patient visits a Cleethorpes Accident and Emergency department to have an injury treated. A doctor fails to spot a hairline fracture in the patient’s forearm, and it goes untreated. The patient suffers significant pain until the fracture is found at a later date.
- A cancer patient is misdiagnosed, and this causes a long delay in them receiving critical treatment. During this time the cancer becomes much worse, lowering the chance of the patient surviving.
- A GP prescribes medication to a patient that they are allergic too. After taking the medication the patient suffers an allergic reaction.
Each of these example scenarios shows how negligence on the part of a medical professional led to actual harm to a patient. In each case, as long as medical negligence was provable, a claim could have been made. If you need help with a clinical negligence claim, you can talk over your situation with a member of our claims team today. They will tell you how we can assist you in getting medical negligence compensation.
Accident At Work Claims With No Win No Fee Solicitors
When you go to work, you should expect to be provided with a safe working environment. It is the responsibility of your employer to ensure this. As part of their Health and Safety obligations, your employer is tasked with proactively seeking out hazards in the workplace and taking steps to mitigate them. This is compulsory and your employer’s performance is monitor closely by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). When compliance fails, this can expose the workforce to a heightened chance of being injured while at work. For example:
- A factory worker is injured by a machine they are operating, because the machine has not been maintained to safe standards.
- A manual labourer working on a building site is asked to move some heavy steel girders. They have not been trained in the way to lift safely and they injure their back.
- A former demolition worker contracts lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos dust in their working environment. The cancer is not diagnosed until many years after the person worked for the demolition firm.
In these examples above, we have clearly shown how negligence on the part of an employee, can result in a member of the workforce being harmed. If you believe that you have just cause to make a workplace injury claim, speak to our claims team to have your claim evaluated today. We could be able to help with your accident at work claim by arranging for a No Win No Fee solicitor to process it for you.
No Win No Fee Holiday Injury Compensation Claims
In this section, we will go over the process involved in making a holiday injury compensation claim for harm you suffered overseas. There are several sets of circumstances that will have an effect on how the claim is made. For example:
- If you are injured on a flight and the plane was flying in international airspace when the incident took place, a claim could be made under the Montreal Convention.
- If you are injured whilst enjoying one of the features of a package holiday (any holiday where 2 or more features were rolled into a single price), a claim could be made against the UK travel vendor.
- If you are injured on a holiday you booked yourself, combining several different offers, you would claim against the specific travel provider responsible for causing you harm.
If you are not sure which situation applies for your own claim, our team can help you out. Give them a call, explain how your accident happened and they will let you know who your claim will be against.
Cleethorpes Violent Crime Victim Compensation Claims
This section deals with blameless victims who are pursuing compensation for a violent crime. A violent crime can be described as both physical and sexually-orientated crimes. This can include assault, sexual assault, rape, mugging, aggravated burglary, etc.
In many cases, the attacker may never be caught and their identity is never known. Under such circumstances, how does a victim claim compensation in this case? There is an organisation known as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), that was set up by the UK Government to provide the victims of violent crimes with a way to claim compensation. A solicitor can apply to CICA for compensation on behalf of a victim.
We can provide you with an experienced solicitor from our panel who understands the CICA claims process. If you would like us to go ahead and do this for you, please speak to one of our claim advisors today
Different Examples Of Personal Injury Claims
Aside from these common kinds of claims we have given examples of above, there are many more reasons why people use a solicitor to process a personal injury claim on their behalf. In reality, any time a person comes to any kind of harm due to the actions of a third party, a valid reason to make a claim could exist. As examples of this:
- A person slips on oil that has been spilt on the forecourt of a petrol station, that had not been cleaned up or signposted as a hazard. This results in a fractured shoulder.
- A child is injured in a classroom at school when a chair they are sitting on breaks, resulting in a sprained wrist.
- An office worker is electrocuted by a faulty vending machine in the staff break room.
There are a wide ranging of reasons to make a claim. If you have been harmed by the actions of a third party, talk to our claims team. Explain how you were injured and the circumstances of your accident. They will tell you whether you have a valid claim or not.
Mis-Selling Pension Compensation Claims
A solicitor could also be able to help you to make a claim for any financial loss you have suffered due to some form of financial mis selling. There are specific rules that must be followed when financial products are sold. However, if these rules are not followed, it could result in a valid basis for a claim. For example:
- You are sold a pension annuity that was based on risky financial investments such as ethical forestry or a carbon credits scheme, which resulted in you losing money.
- You were sold a Self-Invested Pensions Plan (SIPP) and the financial advisor helped you to transfer your workplace pension into it. Subsequently, the SIPP performed worse than the original workplace pension would have.
- You are sold a mortgage without the financial advisor questioning you about your habits (smoking and drinking) and your current and previous health history. This resulted in you purchasing an unsuitable mortgage.
If you believe that your finances have suffered due to some form of financial mis selling, we could be able to help you make a claim for this loss. Please speak to our claims team to learn more about this.
Claim For A Withheld Tenancy Deposit
There is a legal framework in place that is intended to ensure that every tenancy deposit a landlord is paid, is protected and returned to the tenant when they give up their tenancy. These rules include:
- Within 30 days of being given a deposit, the landlord must protect it financially. This is usually done by paying the money into a recognised deposit protection scheme.
- The deposit must stay in the deposit protection scheme until the tenant leaves the property.
- With 10 days of giving up the tenancy, the former tenant must receive the deposit money back, in full, unless mitigating circumstances allow the landlord to keep all or a portion of the deposit.
Housing Disrepair And Personal Injury Claims
When you rent a property, it is the landlord’s responsibility to maintain the structure and integrity of the building itself and key services. If the property is in disrepair, the tenant can make a complaint to the landlord. The landlord must address the problem and resolve it as quickly as possible. If this doesn’t happen, the tenant could have a basis for a claim.
The tenant could claim for a housing disrepair personal injury, such as being electrocuted by faulty wiring. The tenant could also claim for financial loss, such as water damage to their property which causes the tenant’s water bill to rise as a result. If you would like to find out whether or not you have a valid housing disrepair claim, speak to one of our claim advisors today.
Contact A Solicitor Covering Cleethorpes
If you have been injured in an accident in Cleethorpes that wasn’t your fault, we could be able to help you to make a claim. Follow the steps below to proceed.
Get In Touch With Us
Call our claims team on 0800 073 8802. One of our claim advisors will walk you through the claims procedure.
Discuss Your Situation
If our advisor thinks you have a valid claim after discussing it with you, they will arrange for a personal injury lawyer from our panel to begin working on it for you.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
Cleethorpes Area Resources
This local information might be of use to claimants who live in the Cleethorpes area.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Cleethorpes
Even if you have used a personal injury claims calculator to get an estimate of the value of your claim, a solicitor will still need you to have a medical examination so that they can value your claim fully. We can set up a medical examination from these local doctors:
|Asad Nadeem Khan||Physiofirst Centre Grimsby Ltd|
|The Medi-Train Centre|
|King Edward Street|
|Sumeet Vohra||The Achilles Centre|
|6 Dudley Street|
|Syed Naeem||The Oasis Health Club|
Call a member of our claims team when you are ready to go for your medical examination.
Diana, Princess Of Wales Hospital
North Lincolnshire And Goole NHS Foundation Trust
Diana Princess Of Wales Hospital
North East Lincolnshire Council
Town Hall Square
Written by M.C.
Edited by H.E.