Cumbria No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Cumbria

No Win No Fee Solicitors Cumbria

There are many forms of suffering which, if caused by negligence, could mean you need the help of a no win no fee solicitor to assist you in gaining compensation. Whether your suffering was a financial loss, a physical injury or a psychological injury, this guide will explain when no win no fee solicitors covering Cumbria could help. We’ll provide examples and scenarios of the different types of claims you could make such as those for a motorbike accident in Cumbria, to an accident at your workplace or losses caused by the mis-selling of a financial product.

We have a team of specialists who are always on hand to offer free advice an a no obligation assessment of any claim. If you’d like to discuss your claim today, please call us on 0800 073 8802.

Alternatively, to find out more about the types of no win no fee claim that you could make, please continue reading.

Claim With No Win No Fee Compensation Solicitors

Using a no win no fee solicitor provides some security and reduces the financial risks involved with claiming. That’s because, when you sign a Conditional Fee Agreement (or CFA), it will clearly state that you don’t have to pay any solicitor’s fees unless you are awarded compensation.

When a claim is won, the CFA will also state what success fee is payable. This is a fixed percentage (up to 25%) of your compensation which is deducted to pay for the solicitor’s work.

As a solicitor risks not being paid when offering no win no fee services, they do need to vet which claims they can take on. Usually, you’ll be asked to show that:

  • You have been made to suffer (financially, physically or psychologically);
  • By somebody who owed you a duty of care;
  • And who was negligent.

Furthermore, you’ll need to ensure your claim is made on time. For instance:

  • Personal injury claims time limits are generally 3-years from the date of an accident.
  • Criminal injury claims usually have a 2-year limit.
  • Package holiday claims are usually a 3-year time limit.

Should you be in any doubt about how long you have to make your claim, please call as time limits can vary (especially in the case of financial loss claims).

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

No Win No Fee Road Accident In Cumbria Claims

A personal injury solicitor could be used if you’re involved in a road accident that was caused by a third party. Whether it’s a car or bike accident, you could be eligible for compensation, but you’ll need evidence to prove somebody else was to blame.

To help prove what happened, and therefore improve your chances of claiming, try to:

  • Take pictures of the scene of the accident. If possible, do this before vehicles are moved.
  • See if there is any dashcam footage.
  • Ask witnesses for their details.
  • Visit A&E or your GP for treatment.

The last step is vital because medical records can be used to prove the extent of any injuries sustained. The most common injuries in a road accident in Cumbria include:

  • Head injuries including concussion.
  • Back injuries.
  • Severe bruises, cuts and abrasions.
  • Tendon damage.
  • Broken bones.
  • Whiplash and neck injuries.

No Win No Fee Claims For Negligent Medical Treatment

Our panel of no win no fee compensation solicitors covering Cumbria could help you make a claim for negligent medical treatment that you have received. To be eligible to do so, you’ll need to have received substandard treatment, from a medical professional, that caused you to suffer.

It doesn’t matter if the medical professional works privately or for the NHS or if the treatment was medical or cosmetic, you could be able to claim even when a waiver or consent form was signed.

The types of claim you could make include those for:

  • Avoidable injuries caused during childbirth.
  • Medication errors leading to suffering.
  • Pneumonia, sepsis or other illnesses caused by super bugs in hospitals.
  • Surgical mistakes leading to avoidable injuries.
  • A misdiagnosis causing extra suffering because treatment was delayed.
  • Care home negligence leading to injuries.

No Win No Fee Claims For Accidents In The Workplace

Whether you work for a small or large company, your employer is supposed to keep you as safe as possible while in the workplace. This is because of a duty of care placed on them by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.

It’s probably impossible for a workplace to be completely risk-free but employers can take the following steps to help reduce dangerous situations:

  • Risk assess the workplace regularly.
  • Maintain equipment properly.
  • Repair faults in a timely manner.
  • Train staff properly.
  • Provide protective clothing and equipment.
  • Ensure everyone is aware of the health and safety policy.

Should you suffer an injury in an accident at work because one of the above didn’t happen, we could help you begin a claim. Please call today to discuss your options.

Holiday Accident Or Flight Delay Claims

If your holiday that you’ve waited all year for is ruined because somebody else is negligent, and causes you to become ill or injured, then it’s only right that you should consider claiming compensation for your injuries and your ruined holiday.

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Cumbria could help you claim when you return to the UK. There are two ways they could make a claim:

  1. Claiming against a package holiday provider is possible if you were injured while using a service that was provided as part of the deal. Usually, you’ll have 3-years to do so.
  2. Alternatively, if you booked the holiday yourself, you could claim against the responsible party. Due to local laws, the time limit for claiming in this way can vary.

Some examples of holiday claims include:

  • Food poisoning.
  • Hire car crashes.
  • Plane or airport accidents.
  • Cruise ship accidents.
  • Injuries while completing a sporting activity.
  • Hotel accidents.

Compensation For Assault Victims In Cumbria

There are cases where compensation for assault victims can be made by the government’s Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). The scheme allows claims to be made for physical or psychological injuries caused by violent crimes.

However, to be eligible to claim, you need to have reported the crime to police and also there’s a 2-year time limit for making your claim. It is worth noting that you might be able to have the time limit extended in cases such as historical assaults.

The scheme has a staggered payment system if you make a successful claim for multiple injuries. This means that the most severe injury receives 100% compensation, the next gets 30% and the next gets 15%.

To discuss a CICA claim in more detail, please call and speak with a specialist advisor.

More Examples Of Accident And Injury Claims

Here are some more personal injury claims that you might want to consider:

  • Slip, trip or fall claims could be made if somebody was negligent and caused the accident to happen. Negligence in these cases might include if a trip was caused by stock on a shop floor, an uneven pathway or cables being trailed across a walkway.
  • If you’re injured in public places like on a footpath, in a shopping centre or in a car park, you could bring a claim against the landowner or local authority if they caused the accident to happen.
  • Finally, you could make a personal injury claim on behalf of a child at any point before they become 18. Any compensation awarded will be paid into a trust fund and managed by the court.

Claim For A Mis Sold SERP’s Or Pension

You could make a compensation claim for mis-sold SERPS, pensions, mortgages, annuities or investments if you lost out fiancially as a result. That’s because the financial advisors have to follow rules from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). These include:

  • Advisors must consider your health and lifestyle before offering products.
  • No pressure should be placed on a customer.
  • Ongoing fees and charges must be clearly explained.
  • A good range of products needs to be offered to allow an informed decision.
  • Key terms and conditions should be explained in full.

If you believe that our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Cumbria could help you with a financial mis-selling claim, please call today to discuss your case.

No Win No Fee Cumbria Tenant Deposit Protection Claims

Any landlord must ensure they use a Tenant Deposit Service (TDS). These were introduced by the government to try and help make sure tenants didn’t lose their deposits unfairly. The most important rules here are:

  • All deposits must be placed in a TDS within 30 days.
  • Tenants must be informed of where their deposit goes.
  • The deposit mustn’t be taken out of a TDS before a tenancy agreement ends.

Cumbria Housing Disrepair Compensation Claims

Any landlord who rents properties has a duty of care to keep them habitable. That means, if they fail to repair a fault which they’re aware of, the tenant could make a housing disrepair claim against them.

The types of repairs that could lead to a claim if they cause an injury or illness include:

  • Damp or mould.
  • Leaking roofs or pipes.
  • Broken hot water boilers.
  • Structural defects.
  • Blocked drains.
  • Electrical hazards.

How To Make A No Win No Fee Claim

Thanks for taking the time to read our guide. If you’d like to use No Win No Fee Expert to begin a claim, you can call us on 0800 073 8802. Also, you could complete this online form to arrange a call back. For any claim we discuss, the following process will be used:

Get In Touch With Us

To start the ball rolling, please call an advisor.

Discuss Your Situation

Tell us what happened, and we’ll assess your claim. We could then introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Cumbria.

Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date

If the solicitor agrees to take on your claim, you’ll receive expert advice about your claim. Furthermore, you’ll receive regular updates from them as the claim advances.

Cumbria County Services

Finally, in the last part of the guide, we’ve provided details of local hospitals, councils and the police in case you need to contact them during your no win no fee claim.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Cumbria

When you begin a personal injury claim, you’ll need to be assessed by an independent doctor. Your solicitor can arrange this with one of our panel of doctors across the UK. Therefore,  you shouldn’t have to travel too far for an appointment. Here are some of the indepdendent doctors covering Cumbria:

Sumeet VoharaBest Life Building,
Carlisle, CA1 1RZ.
Gerald MurrayBrunswick Square,
Penrith, CA11 7LS.
Ian KerssSouth Lakeland Physiotherapy,
Hartington Street,
Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 5SR.

Your personal injury lawyer will ask the doctor to produce a report following your assessment. The report will contain information about what injuries you suffered. Also, it will explain how severe they were and whether you’ll be affected by them in the future. Your solicitor will use the report, in conjunction with other evidence, to help work out how much compensation you could be entitled to.

Cumbria Infirmary Hospital

If you need to contact the local hospital because you want to request medical records from them, here are the details to use:

Cumbria Infirmary Hospital,
Newton Road,
Carlisle, CA2 7HY.

North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

The following details can be used to contact the main NHS trust in Cumbria:

North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust.
Trust Headquarters,
Portland Place,
CA11 7QQ.

Cumbria County Council

If you need to contact the local authority because you want to report something or request information, use the following details:

Cumbria County Council,
Cumbria House,
117 Botchergate,
Cumbria, CA1 1RD.

Cumbria Police

Should you need to contact the police because you need to report an incident, here are their details:

Cumbria Constabulary Headquarters,
Carleton Hall,
Cumbria, CA10 2AU.

Written by BT.

Edited by CE.