In this online guide to using the services of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Devon to help you make a compensation claim, we will give you some common examples of claims types and try to show how you may be eligible to claim in similar circumstances. You will need to begin making your claim within the personal injury claims time limit in order to be eligible to make a personal injury claim. As will be explained further into this guide, the claims time limit can vary depending on the type of claim in question.
If you have any questions about the content of this guide or the process of making a claim in general, then please talk to a member of our claims team on 0800 073 8802. They will be able to give you the answers you need, and some free legal advice on how to move forward with your own claim.
What Services Could A No Win No Fee Solicitor Supply?
If you use the service of a no win no fee solicitor to help you make an accident or injury claim, you are minimising the financial risk involved in making a claim. Under a ‘No Win No Fee’ arrangement, or what is correctly called a ‘Conditional Fee Agreement’ (CFA), you pay nothing until the solicitor receives a compensation payment for you. At the time of taking your claim on, the solicitor will have agreed the percentage of the claim value that they would take as their fee if the claim is successful. It is at this stage that the solicitor will automatically deduct this fee from the money they received. You will then be given what is left.
When the solicitor begins working on your claim for you, they will not expect you to pay any form of new claim fee. They also won’t charge any fees while they are processing the claim. If the claim is unsuccessful, then you will not be held accountable for your solicitor’s fees. So, you can see why the financial risk is reduced under a CFA. As you pay nothing unless you actually receive a compensation settlement. You can read our full guide to CFA by clicking here. You can also get more information about how a CFA works from our claims team. Just give them a call on the number at the end of this page.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Claim For A Traffic Accident In Devon With No Win No Fee Solicitors
- Medical Negligence Claims With No Win No Fee Solicitors Covering Devon
- Work Injury Compensation Claims Against Employers In Devon
- Claim Compensation For A Holiday Accident
- Claim Criminal Compensation For Injuries Suffered
- Other Types Of Injury Or Accident Claims
- Reclaim Mis Sold Pensions And Investments
- Tenancy Deposit Claim Solicitors Covering Devon
- Housing Disrepair Compensation Claims
- How To Claim Compensation With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
- Devon County Resources
Claim For A Traffic Accident In Devon With No Win No Fee Solicitors
Each year the Department of Transport publishes a report that looks at road traffic accident statistics in the UK. In the 2017/18 report we can see that there were 160,597 injuries that were the result of traffic accidents. This shows just how common road traffic accidents (RTAs) are in the UK. Any person who is injured in an RTA could be able to make a claim if a third party was to blame. For example:
- A Devon bike accident caused by a van driver, who ran a cyclist off the road at night because the van they were driving had a broken headlight. The cyclist fractures their collarbone as a result.
- A Devon car accident caused by one car running into the back of another car that was stopped at a junction, because the driver was playing with their phone. The driver of the car that was hit suffers whiplash.
- A traffic accident in Devon that injures a pedestrian that was crossing the road at a zebra crossing. Upon reaching the far side of the road, the pedestrian is hit by a cyclist that was using the pavement, suffering serious lacerations and a sprain to their back.
There are countless reasons for traffic accidents in Devon and Cornwall. As long as you were injured by the actions of a third party, you could be eligible to claim traffic accident compensation. Call our claims team today to learn how we can help with this.
Medical Negligence Claims With No Win No Fee Solicitors Covering Devon
If you need to make a medical claim, our panel of solicitors could be able to help you. However, for you to be eligible to make a claim you must be able to prove that negligence took place. This means showing that a medical professional or a healthcare provider failed in their duty of care, and caused you harm that was unnecessary. For example:
- A pharmacist makes a mistake when preparing a prescription for a patient, giving the patient the wrong medication. The patient becomes ill after taking this medication.
- A patient is undergoing an X-Ray at a hospital. The X-Ray machine has not been maintained to safe standards, and the patient is accidentally exposed to a potentially harmful level of radiation by the faulty machine.
- An inpatient on a hospital ward needed the bathroom but there were no nurses or ward orderlies available to take them. The patient attempted to visit the bathroom on their own and fell over, spraining their wrist.
Each of these examples shows how a healthcare professional or a healthcare facility/provider can cause harm to a patient through negligence. In each case, a claim could have been possible. The medical negligence claim amount will depend upon the severity of the harm the patient suffered. If you think that you may have a valid clinical negligence claim, speak to a member of our claims team to have it evaluated.
Work Injury Compensation Claims Against Employers In Devon
Workplace safety is something that every employer in the UK must take very seriously. The Health & Safety Executive closely monitors the safety performance of every company. If you are harmed in an accident at work, you may be able to claim work injury compensation. For example:
- A new employee at a warehouse is asked to move some heavy boxes. The employee had not been trained in manual handling and hurts their back.
- A former coal miner is diagnosed with lung cancer, caused by inhaling coal dust many years ago, due to their employer not providing suitable masks and protection.
- A member of the serving staff at a busy restaurant, is scalded when a customer spills hot food on them.
In each of these examples, the employee has been harmed through some kind of negligence on the part of the employer. Each of these examples could have potentially been the basis of a workplace injury claim. If you have been injured by the actions of your employer, we could be able to help you to make a claim. Call our claims team today to learn more.
Claim Compensation For A Holiday Accident
In some cases, it could be possible to claim for a holiday accident that occurred overseas. You may also be able to claim for illnesses contracted overseas and for some forms of monetary losses, such as cancelled or delayed flights. However, the process of making a claim can be a little complex, as the way the claim is made is driven by the circumstances of your holiday and how it was booked.
- If you are travelling on a package holiday that consists of 2 or more features such as accommodation, food, flights, etc. and you are injured by the action of a travel provider that is providing one of these inclusive features of the package holiday, you would make a claim against the UK based travel firm that sold you the holiday.
- If you are travelling on a privately booked holiday, whereby you booked each aspect of the holiday from a separate travel provider, paying for each individually. Then it would be the individual travel provider that caused you harm which you would make a claim against.
- In certain situations, you can leverage specific legal frameworks such as the Montreal Convention. If you are injured on a plane flight by the airline staff, and the plane is flying outside of any national judicial boundaries. Then you could leverage the Montreal Convention to make a claim directly against the airline.
As you can see, deciding who you need to make your holiday claim against can be somewhat complicated. We can help with this. Speak to one of our claim advisors and explain what has happened. They will tell you whether you have a valid claim and how to pursue for damages.
Claim Criminal Compensation For Injuries Suffered
Claimants who have been injured in a violent crime such as assault, Actual Bodily Harm (ABH), aggravated robbery, mugging, etc. face a slightly different process for receiving compensation for their injuries. The same holds true for victims of sex crimes such as sexual assault, rape, etc.
The victim will claim criminal compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). This is a special UK Government-run organisation that provides a route to compensation regardless of the outcome of the case. For example, the victim’s attacker was never apprehended. However, the crime must be reported to the police prior to beginning this type of claim.
Other Types Of Injury Or Accident Claims
So far, we have only brushed on some of the more recently seen types of claims that a personal injury solicitor will assist claimants with. However, the truth of the matter is that any time you are injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, if you can prove somebody else was to blame, you could be able to claim, for example:
- Your neighbour is having a bonfire party and a spark from the bonfire comes across the garden fence, sets fire to your coat, and causes you some nasty burns.
- Your child is playing in a public playground when a dog that has broken off its leash attacks them, causing lacerations of the face and neck.
- You visit your local leisure centre, and you fall down the entrance steps because the safety railing was broken, fracturing your wrist.
All of these examples show how a person can be injured by the actions of a third party in some way, that could lead to a potential compensation claim. If you would like to know if your own claim is valid, please talk to one of our claim advisors. They will go over your circumstances with you, evaluate your claim, and let you know whether they believe the claim is valid.
Reclaim Mis Sold Pensions And Investments
We can help with other kinds of claims than accident or injury cases. For example, we could help you to reclaim a mis sold pension. We cover most kinds of financial mis selling claims that took place after new legislation was introduced in 2006. For example:
- You set up a new Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) and transferred your existing workplace pension over to it, at the recommendation of your financial advisor.
- You purchased a pension annuity, which failed to perform as well as it was initially indicated, and you were not warned about the financial risks at the time you purchased it.
- You purchased Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) and subsequently found out you could not claim on it, as the financial advisor had not sold you a suitable policy by taking your lifestyle habits and health history into account.
Tenancy Deposit Claim Solicitors Covering Devon
If you are currently living in a rented property, then your landlord must take steps to protect your rental deposit for the entire term of your tenancy. This is done by paying the deposit into a deposit protection scheme. This has to be done within 30 days of them being given the deposit.
When you move out, your landlord has to give you your deposit back, in full, within 10 days of the tenancy being terminated. If they do not do this, then we could possibly help you to get it back. We can arrange for one of our panel of tenancy deposit claim solicitors to assist you.
Housing Disrepair Compensation Claims
Did you know that in some cases, you can claim for housing disrepair?
Your landlord is responsible for keeping your rental property in good repair, and must take action if a complaint is made about disrepair by the tenant. If the landlord doesn’t then fix the disrepair within an acceptable timeframe, the tenant can proceed to make a housing disrepair claim. This is something that we can help with. Give our claims team a call or learn more.
How To Claim Compensation With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
Have you been injured in an accident in Devon that wasn’t your fault? Are you looking for an experienced personal injury lawyer to process a claim for you? Then follow the steps below to get help.
Get In Touch With Us
Call our claims team on 0800 073 8802 today to get the new claims process started.
Discuss Your Situation
A claim advisor will evaluate your claim for you and let you know whether it is potentially valid.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
Devon County Resources
These sections below have relevant local information of use to Devon residents.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Devon
You will need to have a medical examination to enable a solicitor to value your claim. Even if you have already tried using a personal injury claims calculator to do the same. You may like to use these local doctors:
|Emily Eracleous||30 Litchdon Street|
|Jeremy Croft||Allerdale Farm House|
|Chillington Nr Kingsbridge|
Speak to a member of our claims team if you want to know more about having a private medical examination.
Royal Devon And Exeter Hospital
Royal Devon And Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
Devon County Council
St Andrew’s Rd
Devon And Cornwall Police
Written by M.C.
Edited by H.E.