When things go wrong and you have been made to suffer because somebody else was negligent, you may want to consider using a no win no fee solicitor to help you seek compensation. In this guide we’re going to look at the types of claims our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Fareham could help you make. We’ll provide information about making a tenancy deposit claim, personal injury claims and how to claim for financial mis-selling as well as many other types of claim you could make.
Our team offer a free assessment of any claim and provide free advice too. While our panel of no win no fee solicitors are not based in Fareham, they can cover claims in that area. If you’d like to discuss your claim with us, please get in touch by calling our friendly team on 0800 073 8802 today.
If you want more information about how our panel of solicitors covering Fareham, Hampshire could help you, please carry on reading.
Make A No Win No Fee Claim
To be able to make a no win no fee claim, a solicitor will want to see that you have a chance of compensation. To demonstrate this, you’ll need to show that:
- You were made to suffer (physically, psychologically or financially);
- Because somebody was negligent;
- And that person owed you a duty of care.
If the solicitor agrees that they’ll take on your case, you’ll both sign a Conditional Fee Agreement (or CFA). This a contract between you and your solicitor which shows that you don’t have to pay the solicitor’s fees unless they secure compensation on your behalf. The CFA will explain the success fee that the solicitor will charge for a successful case. The success fee is taken from the compensation automatically, so you don’t need to find the funds to pay them yourself. By law, a success fee is limited to 25% of any compensation awarded.
As well as the criteria listed above, the claim has to be made within the relevant time limit. Here are some examples:
- Criminal injury claim time limit: 2 years.
- Personal injury claims time limit: 3 years.
- Package holiday time limit: 3 years.
- Financial mis-selling claim time limit: varies.
Any time limit listed in this guide could be different in some circumstances. Therefore, the best advice is to check with a member of our team as soon as possible.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Claims For Car And Traffic Accidents In Fareham
- No Win No Fee Medical Misdiagnosis Claims
- I Was Injured At Work, Can I Claim Compensation?
- No Win No Fee Solicitors For Holiday Injury Claims
- Fareham Criminal Injuries Claims
- More Personal Injury Claim Examples
- Mis-Sold Pension Or Other Investment Claims
- Making A Tenancy Deposit Claim With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
- Housing Disrepair Compensation Cases
- Make An Enquiry Today
- Fareham Area Resources
Claims For Car And Traffic Accidents In Fareham
If you have been injured in a road traffic accident, not only could your own vehicle be damaged, but you could suffer serious injuries which could lead to a personal injury claim if the accident was caused by the negligence of another road user.
If you’re involved in a Fareham car accident or motorbike accident in Fareham, it’s important to try and gather evidence to support your claim. Where possible, we recommend that you try to:
- Find witnesses and ask them for their details.
- Speak with the other road user and get their details.
- Take photographs of the accident scene before vehicles are removed.
- Ensure you seek medical treatment for your injuries.
There are probably too many possible injuries that could happen as a result of a road traffic accident, but some of the more common include:
- Neck injuries including whiplash.
- Tendon or ligament damage.
- Back injuries.
- Head injuries.
- Fractured or broken bones.
No Win No Fee Medical Misdiagnosis Claims
There are times where medical professionals get things wrong and cause patients to suffer unnecessarily. In these cases, it can sometimes be possible to claim compensation for medical negligence.
Here are some common reasons for making a medical negligence claim:
- Errors with medication which cause you to suffer.
- Pain during treatment due to an anaesthetic error.
- Negligence during surgery which cause an injury (dental, cosmetic or medical procedures).
- Injuries during childbirth which could’ve been avoided.
- Negligence in care homes leading to injuries like broken bones or pressure sores.
- Serious illnesses caused by hospital super bugs.
It’s also possible that you could make a no win no fee medical misdiagnosis claim using a personal injury lawyer if a delay in treatment means your condition has deteriorated and you suffer more as a result.
I Was Injured At Work, Can I Claim Compensation?
Our panel of no win no fee employment solicitors covering Fareham could help you if an accident at work, in which you were injured, was caused by the negligence of your employer. That’s because they have a duty of care to try and keep you safe while at work.
The Health and Safety Executive provides a lot of information and guidance for employers on how to identify risks and take steps to reduce them. If they’ve failed to do so, then you could claim compensation if your accident was caused by:
- A lack of understanding of the company health and safety policy.
- Damaged, faulty or unmaintained equipment.
- Missing or unsuitable protective equipment.
- Poor or no training on the task which caused your injury.
No Win No Fee Solicitors For Holiday Injury Claims
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Fareham are able to help with holiday claims if you’ve been injured while on holiday in the UK or abroad. If the accident was caused by somebody else’s negligence, you could seek compensation in a similar way to claims in the UK.
If you’re injured while on a package holiday, you could claim against the holiday operator if the accident happened while using a service they supplied you with. If your accident happened on a holiday you booked independently, a claim could still be possible, but it would be made against the individual or business responsible.
Holiday claims could be made for:
- Airport injuries.
- Hire car or hotel transfer accidents.
- Food poisoning.
- Swimming pool injuries.
- Sporting activity or excursion accidents.
- Hotel injuries.
Making a claim for an injury while on holiday can be complex as different laws and rules apply. Call one of our advisors for advice regarding your circumstances.
Fareham Criminal Injuries Claims
If you have been injured as a result of a violent crime, it is possible that you could claim compensation for your injuries. The claim won’t usually be made against the criminal, but you could make a claim through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) instead.
These claims allow for compensation to cover physical or psychological injuries as well as some financial losses caused by the injuries.
The rules for claims for criminal injury are different from personal injury claims with their own eligibility criteria. If you’d like advice on making a CICA claim, please call the number at the top of the screen for free advice.
More Personal Injury Claim Examples
Before we take a look at other types of no win no fee claim, here are some more personal injury claims that you could make:
- Claims for injuries to children. As a parent, you could represent your child and help them claim at any point before they become 18. If you don’t claim on their behalf, they are able to do so from three years after their 18th birthday.
- Public place accidents. If you’re injured in an accident in public place, then you could sue the business or local authority responsible for the area if their negligence led to the accident happening.
- Slips, trips and falls. These are among the most common form of accident. If you slip or fall because of an uneven pavement, trailing cables or a slippery floor with no warnings signs, you might be eligible to begin a claim.
Mis-Sold Pension Or Other Investment Claims
If you’ve lost of financially as the result of negligent advice from a financial advisor, you might be entitled to seek compensation from them. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) control the selling of financial products such as pensions, mortgages, annuities and investments. If their rules are broken, and you lose out, as a result, a compensation claim might be possible.
The rules for the selling of certain products includes:
- Making sure you can make an informed decision by providing you with a range of products.
- Not pressuring you into making a choice.
- Ensuring you’re aware of the fees, charges and terms of a product.
- Checking your health history and lifestyle before recommending a product.
Making A Tenancy Deposit Claim With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
In some cases, where a landlord has failed to follow the rules of Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS), you could claim compensation against them. A TDS is supposed to help stop tenants losing some or all of their deposit unfairly.
Some of the rules include:
- Your deposit should be place into a TDS within 30 days.
- The landlord should inform you, in writing, which TDS they’ve used within 30 days.
- The money should not be taken out of a TDS early.
Housing Disrepair Compensation Cases
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Fareham are able to help with housing disrepair compensation claims where a landlord has failed to fix a problem which has caused you to become ill, injured or your personal belongings have become damaged.
You could claim for the following if they’ve been left unrepaired and caused you to suffer:
- Damp or mould.
- Blocked drains.
- Leaking pipes or roofs.
- Structural defects.
- Electrical hazards.
- Broken heating or water supplies.
Make An Enquiry Today
If you’re ready to start your claim today, we can be contacted on 0800 073 8802 or we can call you when it’s convenient if you fill in our online enquiry form. For any enquiry, we’ll use the following process:
Get In Touch With Us
To start your claim, get in touch with a member of our team.
Discuss Your Situation
We’ll listen to what’s happened and decide whether we can introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Fareham.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Fareham Area Resources
Usually, during a no win no fee claim, you’ll need to request information or report something to at least one local organisation. Therefore, to save time, we’ve listed some of them below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Fareham
When you make a personal injury claim, you’ll need to visit an independent doctor to undergo a medical assessment. Luckily, we work with a panel of doctors all over the UK meaning our panel of solicitors can usually arrange an appointment locally. Here is a sample of the doctors in and around Fareham;
|Phillipa Keech||Hackett Way,
Fareham, PO14 1TH.
|Kashif Aziz||Hampshire Health,
Emsworth, PO10 7LF.
|Ali Al-Bahrani||Chichester Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic,
Chichester, PO19 8DU.
The appointment will include an assessment by the doctor and they’ll also ask you various questions regarding your injuries. They’ll then use your responses to prepare a report for your personal injury solicitor. The report will contain information about:
- The injuries and their severity.
- What impact they caused.
- Whether there will be any long-term effects.
Fareham Community Hospital
In case you need to contact the local hospital because you require medical records, we’ve included their details below.
Fareham Community Hospital,
Southampton, SO31 7DQ.
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
Should you need to contact the local NHS trust during your claim, you can use the following details.
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust.
Southampton, SO40 2RZ.
Fareham Borough Council
Because you may need to contact the local authority during your claim, we’ve provided their details below.
Fareham Borough Council,
Fareham, PO16 7AZ.
If you need to contact the police because you need to request information from them, here are their details.
Hampshire Constabulary Headquarters,
Hampshire, SO31 4TS.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.