Within this guide to using No Win No Fee solicitors covering Greenwich, we are going to cover some of the most frequently seen kinds of claims. This will include accident and injury claims for medical negligence, workplace injuries, holiday accidents and traffic accidents. We also look at some kinds of financial claims such as financial mis selling, tenancy deposit disputes and housing disrepair claims.
Although we have tried to make this guide as comprehensive as possible, there may be unique aspects of your claim that you need specific answers for, that are not covered in the sections below. If so, talk to our claims team on 0800 073 8802. They will answer your questions, and also go over how we can connect you to our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Greenwich to process a compensation claim for you.
What No Win No Fee Means
Anyone who watches television regularly will no doubt have seen the term No Win No Fee being used in advertisements. This is not a new concept though. The idea of a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) has been around for a long time. Under a CFA, you can use a No Win No Fee solicitor to process your claim and not have to pay fees until the claim has been a success.
You won’t be charged any fee at the start of your claim, or while the solicitor is processing your claim. You also won’t pay anything if the claim is unsuccessful and you don’t receive any compensation. In fact, the only time you will be expected to pay your solicitor anything, is when they receive a compensation payment on your behalf. They will then deduct their fee (as a percentage of the claim they will have agreed with you prior to commencing the claim). You will be sent the remaining money.
If you have any questions about the process of making a claim under a CFA, please talk to a member of our claims team, who will answer them for you. You can also click here to read our full guide to CFA claims.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Greenwich Traffic Accident Claims
- No Win No Fee Claims For Cases Of Medical Negligence
- No Win No Fee Accident At Work Claims Advice
- No Win No Fee Holiday Injury And Illness Claims
- Victim Of Violent Crime Compensation Claims
- Other Personal Injury Claim Examples
- Compensation For Pension Mis Selling Victims
- No Win No Fee Claims For Disputed Rental Deposits
- No Win No Fee Damages For Housing Disrepair
- How To Start A Claim
- Greenwich Borough Resources
No Win No Fee Greenwich Traffic Accident Claims
Even though the number of Road Traffic Accidents (RTA) dropped slightly in the 2017/18 time period, there were still 25,511 serious injuries caused by RTA’s in 2018. This is shown in the Department of Transport annual report. If you are injured in an RTA in Greenwich, this could be a bike accident, a lorry accident, or any other kind of traffic accident, then you could have the basis for a claim. However, it must be proven that a third party was to blame in some way, for example:
- A lorry on a dual carriageway has to swerve into another lane to avoid a road sign that had fallen down. The lorry sideswipes a car, forcing it into the central reservation. The driver of the car suffers traumatic head injuries.
- A pedestrian is walking across a level crossing. The alarms begin to go off indicating a train is coming. Due to a fault in the electronics controlling the gates, one of the gates drops sooner than it should, and hits the pedestrian on their head, causing a concussion.
- A passenger in a minibus suffers a minor case of whiplash, when the minibus is hit from behind by a van at traffic lights. The van driver had not been paying attention at the time of the accident and failed to maintain a safe stopping distance.
Any time a road user is injured by the actions of another road user, or by the actions or omissions of a company or even a local Government body, a valid claim may exist. If you would like to have your RTA claim valued, please speak to one of our claim advisors today.
No Win No Fee Claims For Cases Of Medical Negligence
Consider for a moment, that every single medical professional in the UK is charged with keeping their patients safe at all times. This is quite a heavy responsibility, as everyone makes mistakes from time to time. When a medical professional makes a mistake, it can be construed as medical negligence. If the patient can prove negligence took place, they could be eligible to make a claim. For example:
- A patient visits a Greenwich accident and emergency department to have an injury treated. They are diagnosed with a fractured leg and a plaster cast is applied. Unfortunately, the plaster cast is fitted badly, and the bone sets out of shape.
- While drilling a decayed tooth to prepare for a filling, a dentist slips and cuts the patient’s gums and lips.
- A GP misdiagnoses a serious medical condition, mistaking it for a much more harmless illness. The patient goes without critical treatment and their health suffers because of this.
If a medical professional injures a patient in a way that could have been avoided, then a valid claim may exist. We can tell you more about the clinical negligence claims process, if you speak to one of our claim advisors today.
No Win No Fee Accident At Work Claims Advice
In the UK, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has set out guidelines for employers in the workplace. Every company is required to undergo frequent audits for potential workplace hazards, and then take every achievable step to remove these hazards. When a company fails in its obligations, it can expose employees to a higher risk of accidents and injuries such as:
- A person working in a retail store, suffers a head injury when boxes that have been stacked higher than is safe, fall on them.
- A person working in a coffee shop is scalded when the coffee machine malfunctions, spraying steam everywhere.
- A person working in a factory gets their hand caught in the machine and loses two of their fingers. The machine had not been maintained properly for some time.
As you can see, the reasons for making an accident at work claim can be wide-ranging. Any time an employee is injured due to the actions or omissions of their employer, a valid claim may exist. We can provide you with some accident at work advice, and also arrange for a personal injury lawyer from our panel to process a claim for you.
No Win No Fee Holiday Injury And Illness Claims
It isn’t just UK claims that a solicitor can help you with. They may also be able to assist with overseas claims for a holiday injury. Nobody wants to think about their holiday being ruined due to being involved in an accident or becoming ill, yet it still happens to some. For examples:
- You ask a serving person in a restaurant whether a specific dish on the menu has any nut content. You are told that it doesn’t and order the dish. You then suffer a bad allergic reaction because the information you were given was false.
- You are scalded by hot coffee that was spilt on you by one of the cabin crew on a plane flight.
- You fall down the stairs in your hotel, as there was insufficient lighting, due to several lightbulbs being blown.
Here, in each of these examples, a third party caused a holidaymaker harm. Who you claim against depends on how your holiday was booked. If you are on a package holiday and are injured by one of the included features of the single price package, you would claim against the UK travel firm. If you are on a self-booked holiday, you would claim against the travel provider that caused you harm.
In some instances, you could leverage the Montreal Convention if you are injured on a flight that is in international airspace, to claim against the airline.
As you can see, making a claim for medical negligence can be complex, but you will be happy to know that our panel of no win no fee solicitors are well versed in both UK and international law and can assist you in making a claim for an accident that occurs on holiday.
Victim Of Violent Crime Compensation Claims
If you need to make an assault compensation claim, or a claim for any violent or sexually driven crime such as rape, sexual assault or an aggravated robbery, then the process of make a claim for victim of a violent crime compensation is a little different.
In many cases, the solicitor will need to apply to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) for compensation. This is a special organisation in the UK that provides victims of criminal injuries with a way to receive compensation when no other exists.
Other Personal Injury Claim Examples
Whenever you come to harm at the hands of a third party, and you are within the personal injury claims time limit, you could be able to make a compensation claim. The third-party could be another member of the public, a local organisation such as the council, or a business. To demonstrate this:
- A member of the public trips on the steps at your local council library, due to one of the paving slabs being loose, and they fracture their ankle.
- A neighbour allows their aggressive dog to get into the garden next door. The dog attacks a young child playing in the garden, causing facial lacerations and potentially long-term scars.
- A member of a privately-run gym is injured by faulty exercise equipment, that should have been maintained to a safe standard.
These examples show how a wide range of different third parties can be responsible for causing harm to the claimant. In each case, it could have been possible for the injured party to pursue damages. If you speak to one of our claim advisors and explain your circumstances, and how your accident happened, they will let you know whether you have a valid claim or not.
Compensation For Pension Mis Selling Victims
Some kinds of financial mis selling, such as pensions mis selling, can result in the client suffering a monetary loss of some kind. In some cases, it could be possible for a solicitor to help the victim claim some or all of this loss back. This would relate to financial products such as:
- Mortgages (including buy to let).
- Payment Protection Insurance (PPI).
- Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP).
- Pension annuities (fixed term or transferable).
If you believe you were mis-sold a financial product which caused you to lose out financially, even many years later, then we may be in a position to help you claim back this loss. Please talk your claim over with our team to learn how best to proceed.
No Win No Fee Claims For Disputed Rental Deposits
If you are a tenant in the UK, renting via a landlord or letting agency, three are certain rules and regulations that relate to your tenancy deposit. What these rules say, is:
- Within 30 days of being given a tenancy deposit, the landlord must protect it financially. For assured lets of an entire property, a deposit protection scheme must be used. For lodgers and properties with multiple tenants, a fenced account can be used.
- The deposit must be kept financially secure for the entire term of the tenancy, until the tenant moves out of the property.
- At the end of the tenancy, the deposit must be returned, in full to the tenant. For assured lets of an entire property, the deposit must be returned within 10 working days from the termination of the tenancy.
No Win No Fee Damages For Housing Disrepair
Before you can make a claim for damages for housing disrepair, you need to follow the proper procedure for making an official complaint. Once you have made a complaint, the landlord must fix the disrepair promptly. How promptly depends on the type of disrepair. For example, in the winter, a landlord must fix a heating system within 24 hours. The kinds of disrepair that demand prompt action from a landlord are:
- A non-functioning hot water or central heating system.
- Damp or mould that could become a health hazard.
- Issues with the electricity, gas or water supply to the property.
- Structural damage (walls, joists, foundations, etc.)
- Dangerous electrical fittings or wiring.
- Dangerous gas fittings.
- Burst pipes.
- A leaking or damaged roof.
If your landlord fails to fix this kind of disrepair, and you suffer financial loss or physical harm due to the disrepair, we may be able to help you make a housing disrepair claim. Speak to our claims team to learn more about this.
How To Start A Claim
Have you been injured in an accident in Greenwich that was not your fault? Do you need some help and advice on how to make personal injury claims? Either way, follow the three steps below to get the help you need today.
Get In Touch With Us
Discuss Your Situation
One of our claim advisors will inform you of your legal options, and also provide key information related to your claim.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
A solicitor from our panel will value your claim for you (even if you already got a rough estimate from a personal injury claims calculator). They will then move on to process the claim for you. As they are not based in Greenwich, they will ensure that you are kept up to date regularly, whether that be through post, via the telephone of over email.
Greenwich Borough Resources
Claimants living in or around Greenwich may find this local information below to be of use.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Greenwich
We work with a panel of independent doctors local to Greenwich, including;
|Soran Saeed||Holiday Inn Express London|
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Lewisham And Greenwich NHS Foundation Trust
University Hospital Lewisham
Lewisham High Street
Royal Borough Of Greenwich Council
Written by MC.
Edited by CE.