Guildford No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Guildford

No Win No Fee Solicitors Guildford

If you’re made to suffer or you have been  because of somebody else’s negligence and you have been injured, then you have the right to consider using a no win no fee solicitor to seek compensation. This can include physical injuries, financial losses and psychological suffering. Whatever the reason, this guide will explain how no win no fee solicitors covering Guildford could help you make a claim.

Whilst we’re a nationwide company, we have a panel of solicitors who can handle Guildford cases on a no win no fee basis. If you’re ready to begin your claim, you can call one of our specialist advisers on 0800 073 8802 today. We offer a free assessment of your claim with no obligation to proceed.

Alternatively, to find out what types of claim you could make, please carry on reading.

How Does A Conditional Fee Agreement Work?

Before taking on your claim, a no win no fee solicitor will want to check that you have a valid claim and that it falls within the relevant time limit. The personal injury claims time limit is currently 3-years. This is the same for package holiday claims but other types of claim may have different time limits so you might need to call us to check if you’re able to proceed.

To be eligible to use a no win no fee service, you’ll need to show that you were caused to suffer by somebody else’s negligence and that person owed you a duty of care. By providing this evidence, a solicitor could offer you a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). CFA is the technical term for a no win no fee agreement.

When you sign a CFA, it will state:

  • The level of ‘success fee’ you’ll pay the solicitor should they win.
  • You don’t have to pay any upfront legal fees.
  • You won’t pay the solicitor if they fail to win compensation.

Success fees are limited to 25% of your compensation. They’re deducted from the compensation payment, so you won’t have to find the funds to pay them yourself.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

No Win No Fee Guildford Road Accident Injury Compensation

A personal injury lawyer might be able to help you claim if you suffer an injury in a road traffic accident (RTA) which was caused by another road user.

Road accident injury compensation amounts will vary depending on the type of injuries sustained. Some common injuries in RTAs include:

  • Concussion and other head injuries.
  • Whiplash and neck injuries.
  • Broken bones (particularly in the hands and legs).
  • Back injuries.
  • Cuts and lacerations.

You should try to gather evidence quickly following an RTA because it can be tricky to obtain once the scene has been cleared. Evidence that can be used in a claim includes photographs, witness statements, medical records and dash-cam footage (if there is any). Once you have as much evidence as possible, call our team of specialist advisers for a free assessment of your compensation claim.

No Win No Fee Guildford Clinical Negligence Claims

No win no fee solicitors covering Guildford can also be used for medical or clinical negligence claims. If you’re injured, made ill or an existing problem is made worse because of substandard treatment by a medical professional, you might be entitled to compensation.

The clinical negligence claims process is complex and might require specialist evidence, which is why we’d always recommend having a solicitor with experience of such cases on your side.

Here are some examples of why you might want to pursue a claim:

  • Medication mistakes which caused you to suffer a reaction or unwanted side effects.
  • Pain caused by anaesthetic errors.
  • Avoidable injuries sustained in cosmetic, medical or dental surgery.
  • Injuries which could’ve been prevented during childbirth (for either the mother or baby).
  • Illnesses caused by super bugs in hospitals.
  • Injuries caused by care home staff negligence (such as bed sores).

Claims are possible against the NHS or private providers and you could even claim for injuries caused by errors made during cosmetic procedures other than treatment surgery.

No Win No Fee Claims For Injuries Caused By Workplace Accidents

The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 is designed to ensure staff are as safe as possible at work. It places a duty of care on employers to make changes, where possible, to reduce any risks. If they fail to carry out risk assessments and you’re injured in an accident which could’ve been avoided, you might be able to claim compensation for your injuries.

You may be able to claim if your injury occurred in an accident caused by:

  • Faulty machinery.
  • Inadequate training.
  • Missing or unsuitable protective equipment.
  • Trailing cables or other trip hazards.
  • A lack of understanding of the company’s health and safety procedures.

Claim Compensation For An Accident On Holiday

Compensation for an accident on holiday is sometimes possible if it was caused by the negligence of your holiday company. For package holiday claims, you usually have 3 years to make a claim. This is providing you were injured during your flight, hotel stay or excursion booked through a package holiday. If you’ve booked the holiday independently a claim is still possible, but the time limit will be determined by local laws so please contact us to discuss your options.

The types of claims made for injuries or illnesses sustained on holiday include:

  • Food poisoning.
  • Airport accidents (including airport transfers).
  • Hire car road traffic accidents.
  • Excursion accidents (including sporting activities like skiing or diving).
  • Cruise ship incidents.
  • Flight injuries.
  • Hotel injuries.

Abuse And Violent Crime Injury Compensation Claims

You might not have realised but if you’re the victim of a crime, you could seek assault compensation for your injuries. It won’t usually be a normal personal injury claim, instead the claim will be against a government scheme known as Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

The scheme allows claims for physical or psychological injuries caused by violent crimes (including sexual assault crimes). It also allows for some financial losses to be claimed for as well. While the typical accident claims time limit is 3 years, a case conducted through the CICA is restricted to 2 years. However, there are some factors which may wavier this time limit. Contact us today for more information about criminal injury compensation claims.

Types Of Injury Or Accident Claim

Over the next few sections of this guide, we will move on to other types of claims a no win no fee solicitor could help with. Before we do, here are a few more personal injury claims you might need to know about:

  • Slips, trips or falls. These are possible almost anywhere and can be caused by numerous negligent acts (damaged floors, trailing cables, spillages etc.). If you trip or fall, ensure your injuries are treated by a doctor, you photograph the cause of the fall, report the accident and ask any witnesses for their details.
  • Injuries to children. A child can’t make a personal injury claim themselves, therefore a parent can represent them until they turn 18. After that, if a claim hasn’t been made, the child has 3 years to begin their own claim up until they turn 21.
  • Public place accidents. If you suffer an injury in a public place such as on a footpath, park or public highway, you might be able to claim against the local authority or business responsible if it can be shown they were negligent.

Compensation If You Were Mis-Sold A Financial Service

When you purchase financial products such as pensions, annuities and investment products, the financial adviser is bound by strict rules from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). These rules are meant to ensure you can make an informed decision before parting with your money.

If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, you could be entitled to claim compensation for losses caused by financial mis-selling:

  • Did the adviser fail to tell you about fees or charges associated with the product?
  • Were you rushed or pressurised into making a purchase?
  • Did the adviser fail to ask about your health or lifestyle?
  • Did you invest in a high-risk product despite asking for low or medium-risk?
  • Were you advised to move money out of a workplace pension?

Unprotected Tenancy Deposit Dispute Claims

If you’ve lost your tenancy deposit unfairly, you could use no win no fee solicitors covering Guildford to help seek compensation for your losses. Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS) were brought into force by the government to protect tenants from losing their funds without good reason. The scheme offers a dispute resolution service where both parties can show why the deposit should, or shouldn’t, be returned rather than the landlord dictating the situation without question.

You could also raise a dispute if:

  • Your deposit wasn’t put into a TDS within 30 days.
  • You weren’t told which fund was used, in writing, within 30 days.
  • The landlord removed the deposit from the scheme before you tenancy ended.

Disrepair Claims By Tenants Against Landlords

It doesn’t matter who you rent your property from (the council, a housing association or a private landlord), if your house falls into disrepair and they don’t fix the problem, you could be entitled to compensation if you are injured, become ill or lose out financially because of the fault.

Landlords have a duty of care to ensure the property is maintained to minimum health and safety levels. The types of problem that could lead to a claim include:

  • Damp and mould.
  • A lack of hot water or heating.
  • Structural defects.
  • Electrical wiring hazards.
  • A leaking roof.
  • Blocked drains, pipes and water leaks.

If you’re considering taking a landlord to court because you suffered due to housing disrepair, call our team today.

How To Start A No Win No Fee Claim

If you’d like to discuss your claim with No Win No Fee Expert, then you can call us on 0800 073 8802 today. If you’d prefer us to call you at a suitable time, please use this enquiry form. For all enquiries, we’ll use the following process:

Get in touch with us.

You start the ball rolling by calling us.

Discuss your situation.

We’ll then assess your claim for free. If there’s a good chance of success, we could connect you with one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Guildford.

Manage your claim and stay up to date.

If they agree to handle your claim, you’ll be provided with regular updates. They’ll also offer guidance about any compensation offer you receive.

Resources For Claimants In This Area

To help save time, we’ve listed some of the local agencies you might need to contact when gathering evidence for your no win no fee solicitor. Their details are contained over the coming sections.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Colchester

As we’ve explained throughout this guide, when you make a personal injury claim you’ll need evidence to support it. A key piece of evidence used by a personal injury solicitor is an independent medical report. The report will explain what injuries you suffered and how they affected you both at the time of the accident and any potential impact in the future.

Your assessment will be carried out as locally as possible by one of our panel of doctors covering the Guildford area. These include:

Richard FotiadisGuildford Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic
Epsom Road,
Guildford, GU1 3PA.
Syed ZaidiWard Street,
Guildford, GU1 4LH.
Tariq AyyoubFarnham Road,
Guildford, GU2 4RG.

This medical report is vital as it will be used to calculate how much compensation you’ll ask for. Therefore, an assessment is required for all personal injury claims.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Here are the details of the main hospital in Guildford.

Royal Surrey County Hospital,
Egerton Road,
GU2 7XX.

Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust

If you need information from the local NHS trust running hospitals and other services in the area, you can find them at the address below.

Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust
Trust Headquarters,
Royal Surrey County Hospital,
Egerton Road,
GU2 7XX.

Guildford Borough Council

Here are the details for the local authority that serves the Guildford area.

Guildford Borough Council
Millmead House,
GU2 4BB.

Surrey Police

To contact the local police headquarters covering Guildford, use the details below.

Surrey Police Headquarters
Mount Browne,
Sandy Lane,
GU3 1HG.

Written by B.T.

Edited by H.E.