When you suffer at the hands of somebody else’s mistake, error or deliberate act against you, we think it’s only right that you consider making a compensation claim. Whether it’s a personal injury claim, a criminal injury compensation claim, or as a result of financial mis-selling, this guide will explain how no win no fee solicitors covering Huddersfield could help you seek compensation.
Our team could help you begin a claim by offering free legal advice and assessing any claim for free. If they believe the chances of winning compensation are high enough, they could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors who are not based in Huddersfield but could cover the area with ease.
To discuss your claim today, please call us on 0800 073 8802.
Alternatively, to find out more about how a personal injury lawyer could help you, please carry on reading.
How Does No Win No Fee Work?
If you’re wondering if you can afford to make a compensation claim, then you can relax. Our panel of solicitors all work on a no win no fee basis for all personal injury claims they take on.
No win no fee agreements enable many people to claim because they reduce the stress that’s involved as well as the financial risk. That’s because:
- You won’t have to pay any up-front fees for the claim to commence.
- If the solicitor is unable to win the case, you don’t have to pay them for their service.
- When compensation is awarded, the success fee given to solicitors is taken directly from your compensation. This means you don’t need to have to get the money to pay the solicitor yourself.
Our panel of no win no fee injury solicitors could offer to take on many types of claims on a no win no fee basis including whiplash claims, accident at work compensation claims, compensation for housing disrepair, and also holiday compensation claims. We’ll cover these in more detail throughout this guide.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Solicitors Handling Road Accident Claims In Huddersfield
- Claim For Medical Negligence In Huddersfield With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
- Huddersfield Accident At Work Compensation Claims Handled By A No Win No Fee Solicitor
- Holiday Compensation Claims Handled By No Win No Fee Solicitors
- Huddersfield Criminal Injury Compensation Claims
- Additional Accident Claims Which You Could Make
- No Win No Fee Financial Service Mis-Selling Claims
- No Win No Fee Solicitors For Tenants Disputing Rental Deposits
- No Win No Fee Compensation Claims For Housing Disrepair
- Start A Claim With No Win No Fee Solicitors Covering Huddersfield
- Services In Huddersfield
No Win No Fee Solicitors Handling Road Accident Claims In Huddersfield
According to government statistics, in 2017 there were a similar number of road traffic accidents as in 2012, but the number of fatalities between 2007 and 2017 had fallen by nearly 40%. While this is good news, the case still remains that if you’re injured in an RTA, caused by somebody else, you could be eligible to claim compensation for the injuries that you have sustained.
A traffic accident in Huddersfield could result in many different types of injury, some more serious than others. They could include broken or fractured bones, lacerations, head injuries or whiplash.
If you’d like to seek compensation for a road accident in Huddersfield, the best advice is to gather as much evidence as possible, including:
- Photographs of the accident scene.
- Medical records.
- Witness statements.
- Details of others involved in the accident.
- Dashcam or CCTV footage.
Claim For Medical Negligence In Huddersfield With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
There are a number of risks associated with many medical or cosmetic treatments. Therefore, not all injuries automatically lead to a compensation payment. However, if a medical professional is negligent, causing you to suffer because of an avoidable injury, then you could be eligible to claim.
As previously mentioned, we work with a panel of no win no fee solicitors who are not based in Huddersfield but can cover the area, and assist you with making a medical negligence claim. When choosing a solicitor to help you make your personal injury claim, it is important to work with one that understands the complex legislation around these types of claims.
Huddersfield Accident At Work Compensation Claims Handled By A No Win No Fee Solicitor
All employers have a duty of care to protect staff while at work. This duty comes from the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 which is policed by the HSE. It means that employers should;
- Assess the workplace regularly. If they identify risks, steps should be taken to reduce them where possible.
- Produce a health and safety policy so that staff know how to work safely.
- Ensure staff are trained properly on ALL tasks that they’re expected to carry out.
- Maintain equipment and repair it when faults occur.
- Ensure safety equipment is used to reduce the risk of staff being involved in an accident.
Any failure to any of the above, which leads to an accident and injury, could result in accident claims in Huddersfield workplaces being made. You should ensure your accident is recorded in the company accident report book as soon as possible. Also, seek medical treatment for your injuries by a GP or at a hospital.
Holiday Compensation Claims Handled By No Win No Fee Solicitors
There are times where a holiday is ruined because of an injury or illness. If they have been caused by an accident because of holiday staff negligence, then you could be entitled to claim compensation. There are different rules for package holidays and holidays booked independently, but claims could be possible in either case.
You could claim for:
- Negligent accidents on a plane or at an airport that have led you to suffer unnecessarily.
- Cruise ship avoidable injuries or preventable illnesses.
- Hotel negligent accidents resulting in injury or illness.
- Swimming pool accidents resulting in an avoidable injury.
- Transport road accidents such as bus, hire car or train accidents causing injuries.
You could even make a no win no claim for a flight delay in some circumstances. To find out whether our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Huddersfield could help you claim, why not call our advisors today, who can provide you with expert legal advice.
Huddersfield Criminal Injury Compensation Claims
There is a government-funded scheme that could help compensate you if you’ve been the victim of crime and suffered injuries. The CICA scheme allows for claims for criminal injury to be made following physical, mental or sexual abuse. It can also cover other expenses linked to your injuries such as loss of income.
The CICA scheme is different from other types of claims in that it has a shorter claim time limit, pays different amounts of compensation and requires the crime to have been reported to the police. It does also allow for claims for historical sexual abuse, please contact one of our legal advisors today to discuss your circumstances.
Additional Accident Claims Which You Could Make
As well as the personal injury claims listed so far, there are some others you could make. These include slip trip or fall claims as well as accidents in a public place.
For any of these claims, and the others listed so far, evidence is a key part of your claim. Therefore, following an accident you should:
- Report it where possible (ask for a copy of the accident report).
- Photograph the scene of the accident.
- Gather witness statements.
- Get medical treatment (medical records can be used as evidence).
- Photograph any physical injuries.
No Win No Fee Financial Service Mis-Selling Claims
Now we’re going to look at other types of claims our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Huddersfield could help with. The first being financial mis-selling claims.
Under guidelines from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), sellers of financial products need to:
- Provide you with a range of products to choose from so you’re not limited to products they want to sell.
- Tell you about important terms and conditions so you can make an informed decision.
- Not pressure you.
- Take into account your lifestyle and health.
- Not recommend risky products if you’ve asked for low risk.
No Win No Fee Solicitors For Tenants Disputing Rental Deposits
Another type of claim you might be able to make is if your landlord has failed to follow the regulations when it comes to handling your rent deposit.
The new rules mean that:
- Your deposit should be secured in a protective scheme within 30 days.
- The landlord should tell you in writing which scheme the deposit is in.
- They should secure it for the whole of your tenancy.
No Win No Fee Compensation Claims For Housing Disrepair
When you rent a property, your landlord owes you a duty of care under UK legislation. Part of the duty of care means they need to repair property defects, in a timely manner, when they are reported to them.
Failure to do so could lead to a compensation claim if:
- Your personal property is damaged because of the defect or fault.
- You lose out financially because you have to pay for the repair yourself.
- Or if you become injured because of the defect or fault.
If you believe your landlord has failed to fix a problem you’ve reported which has caused you to suffer, then speak with one of our team using the details in this guide, about whether you have the grounds to claim compensation.
Start A Claim With No Win No Fee Solicitors Covering Huddersfield
Now that you’ve read this guide about no win no fee solicitors covering Huddersfield, we hope you’d like to find out how we could help you begin your claim. To do so, call us free on 0800 073 8802 today. Alternatively, if you’d like us to call you when it’s more convenient, fill in this enquiry form.
Get In Touch With Us
The first step is to give us a call.
Discuss Your Situation
Then tell us what happened, who you think was responsible and the evidence you have.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Services In Huddersfield
When you suffer an injury, financial loss or need to make any other type of claim, there are a number of local services you may need to contact. For your convenience, we’ve listed some below:
Doctors Who Carry Out Checkups In Huddersfield
When our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Huddersfield take on a claim, they’ll usually need you to undergo a medical assessment by an independent doctor. They can arrange these locally for you because we have a panel of doctors all over the UK.
In Huddersfield, we could use any of the following:
|Hafiz Rehman||Thornton Lodge Surgery,
Huddersfield, HD1 3SB.
|David Pontefract||Wellfield House,
New Hay Road,
Huddersfield, HD3 4AL.
|Mark Innes Burgin||The Bridge House Clinic,
Huddersfield, HD8 8AE.
Huddersfield Royal Infirmary
Please find the details for the largest hospital in Huddersfield, based on bed numbers, below:
Huddersfield Royal Infirmary
Huddersfield, HD3 3EA.
Here are the details for the local council providing services to residents of Huddersfield:
Huddersfield Customer Service Centre,
3 High Street,
Huddersfield, HD1 2DJ.
West Yorkshire Police
Here are the details for the local police headquarters covering Huddersfield:
Kirklees Police District
Huddersfield Police Station (Divisional Headquarters),
Huddersfield, HD1 2NJ.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.