In the unfortunate event that you are made to suffer because of somebody else’s negligence, you may wish to consider hiring a no win no fee solicitor to help you seek compensation. In this guide we’re going to provide some scenarios in which you could make a claim such as a claim for a work accident, disrepair claims by tenants or a claim for mis-sold pension annuities. More specifically, we’ll explain how no win no fee solicitors covering Kingswood could help you claim compensation in different situations.
Our expert team of advisors are able to provide free advice about claims and can assess your claim with no obligation. If you’d like to discuss your claim right away, why not call us on 0800 073 8802.
To find out more about when solicitors covering Kingswood could help you, please carry on reading.
How You Could Claim Compensation With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
When you decide that you want to begin a claim using a no win no fee solicitor, you’ll need to show them that you’ve been made to suffer because somebody who owed you a duty of care was negligent. The suffering could be in the form of physical or psychological injuries as well as financial losses.
If the solicitor agrees that you have a case that they’d like to help with, you’ll both sign a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). This is an important document as it ensures that you only have to pay the solicitor’s fees if you receive compensation. Furthermore, it explains what level of success fee you’ll pay so there are no surprises at the end of your claim.
A success fee can’t be any higher than 25% of your compensation and it’s automatically deducted from your compensation before it’s paid to you.
As well as demonstrating you have a valid claim, you’ll need to make sure you are claiming within the relevant time limit. Here are some general examples (although they can vary in certain circumstances):
- Personal injury claims time limit: 3 years.
- Package holiday claims time limit: 3 years.
- Criminal injury claims time limit: 2 years.
If the type of claim you’re considering isn’t listed, or you need any clarification, please call for free advice.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Kingswood Car Accident And Road Traffic Crash Claims
- Claim With Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Kingswood
- No Win No Fee Claims For A Work Accident
- No Win No Fee Claims If Injured Abroad On Holiday
- Victim Of A Violent Crime In Kingswood Compensation Claims
- What Are Other Examples Of Personal Injury Claims?
- Claims For A Mis Sold Pensions Or Annuities
- Claim If A Landlord Is Withholding A Tenants Deposit Or Did Not Protect It
- Housing Disrepair Claims By Tenants
- How You Could Claim Compensation
- Services Covering Kingswood, Bristol
Kingswood Car Accident And Road Traffic Crash Claims
When a road traffic accident occurs and causes you to become injured, you could seek compensation if another road user caused the accident by carelessness, dangerous driving or any other form of negligence. A personal injury lawyer could help you claim for injuries sustained in a Kingswood car crash including:
- Concussion or other head injuries.
- Back injuries.
- Damaged ligaments or tendons.
- Broken or fractured bones.
- Whiplash and other neck injuries.
- Severe bruising, cuts or lacerations.
When you’re involved in a Kingswood road crash, we recommend that you:
- Speak to witnesses and ask for their details.
- Visit the local A&E or your GP for treatment.
- Try to obtain dashcam footage.
- Photograph the scene of the accident, before any vehicles are removed, if it is safe to do so.
Claim With Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Kingswood
All doctors and medical professionals have a duty of care towards patients to try and keep them as safe as possible while treating them. Therefore, if you’re injured or made ill because of negligent treatment, you could seek compensation from them.
Here are a few examples of medical negligence which might lead to a claim:
- Pain caused during treatment due to an anaesthetic error.
- Avoidable injuries caused by negligent dental, medical or cosmetic surgery.
- Suffering or the worsening of an illness such as cancer due to a misdiagnosis.
- Illnesses like sepsis or pneumonia caused by hospital super bugs.
- Injuries caused in childbirth that could’ve been avoided.
- Suffering in care homes caused by negligence.
If you’d like to begin a Kingswood medical negligence claim, please call and explain what happened to one of our specialists. We can connect you to our panel of no win no fee solicitors who are not based in Kingswood but could cover claims in that area with ease.
No Win No Fee Claims For A Work Accident
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Kingswood might be able to help you seek compensation if you’ve been injured at work. That could be the case if your employer could’ve prevented the accident by making changes to the workplace or procedural changes.
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974), employers need to keep staff safe where possible. This means assessing the workplace and removing or reducing any risks they identify where possible.
If you’ve been injured, you might be able to start a claim if it was caused by:
- Poor or inadequate training for the task you were injured in.
- Equipment that was broken or not maintained according to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Insufficient protective equipment.
- A lack of understanding of the company’s health and safety procedures.
No Win No Fee Claims If Injured Abroad On Holiday
If an accident happens while you’re on holiday, not only could your injuries ruin your time away, they could cause long-lasting problems when you return home. It’s only right therefore, that you should consider making a compensation claim for your suffering.
If you were injured while using a service you purchased through a UK package holiday provider, you could claim against them and you’d usually have 3 years to do so. When you book the holiday independently, a claim could still be made against the responsible party, but the time limit might vary depending on where in the world the accident occurred.
Victim Of A Violent Crime In Kingswood Compensation Claims
If you have been injured as a result a violent crime against you, it’s possible that you could seek compensation via the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
CICA are a government department which allows claims for physical and psychological injuries. You could also claim if you lost out financially because of your injuries.
A CICA claim has its own eligibility criteria but our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Kingswood have a good knowledge of them and could still help you claim. Two of the important criteria are:
- The crime must’ve been reported to police.
- There’s a 2-year time limit for claiming.
What Are Other Examples Of Personal Injury Claims?
Here are a few more personal injury claims you might be interested in:
- Claims for injuries to children – A parent can become a ‘litigation friend’ and represent a child at any point before they turn 18. Any compensation is placed into a trust fund and managed by the courts.
- Slip, trips and falls – These are one of the most common types of accident claim. If you slip or fall and you can prove that the accident was caused by third party negligence, you could claim against the person or company responsible. Examples of negligence include trip hazards which were difficult to see because of poor lighting, uneven flooring or cables trailed across walkways.
- Accidents in public places – If you’re injured in a public place like a train station, shopping centre or car park, the local authority or business responsible for the area could be sued if their negligence led to the accident.
Claims For A Mis Sold Pensions Or Annuities
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) aims to protect consumers of financial products by providing rules for the sales of products like annuities, mortgages, pensions or investments. If a financial advisor fails to follow the rules and you lose out finacially as a result, you could sue them for compensation.
Some of the FCA’s rules include:
- Explaining the important terms and conditions relating to a product.
- Making sure a customer can make an informed decision by providing a good range of products to choose from.
- Not putting pressure on the customer.
- Considering the health and lifestyle of the customer.
- Ensuring the customer is aware of any ongoing fees or charges.
Claim If A Landlord Is Withholding A Tenants Deposit Or Did Not Protect It
If you hire a property, your landlord needs to ensure that they use a Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS). These were introduced by the government to help ensure landlords weren’t withholding a tenant’s deposit unfairly.
You may be able to claim if:
- Your deposit didn’t get placed into a TDS within 30 days of you paying it.
- You weren’t told, in writing, which scheme had been used.
- The landlord withdrew the money from the scheme before your tenancy agreement ended.
Housing Disrepair Claims By Tenants
The final claim we’re going to cover is one where housing disrepair has caused you to become ill, injured or caused your personal belongings to be damaged.
You could claim in this scenario if your landlord failed to repair a fault, which you’d advised them off, and they were contractually obliged to fix it. The types of repairs include:
- Leaks in pipes or roofs.
- Blocked drains.
- Broken heating or hot water systems.
- Electrical hazards.
- Damp or mould.
- Structural defects.
How You Could Claim Compensation
If you’d like to begin a claim with No Win No Fee Expert, please call our team on 0800 073 8802 today. If it’s easier for us to call you, please fill in this online enquiry form. We’ll use the process below for all claim enquiries.
Get In Touch With Us
To start the ball rolling, please give our advisors a call.
Discuss Your Situation
We’ll listen to what’s happened and look at your supporting evidence. We could then introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Kingswood.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Services Covering Kingswood, Bristol
If during your no win no claim, you need information or to report an incident, you might need to contact a number of local services. Therefore, we’ve listed some of them here for you.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Kingswood, Bristol
When you make a personal injury claim, there is a requirement for you to see an independent doctor for a medical assessment. We have a panel of doctors around the UK. Here are some of the doctors local to Kingswood:
|Louise Whyte||The Medical,
Aspects Leisure Park,
Bristol, BS15 9LA.
|Jonathan Jones||Shirehampton Health Centre,
Bristol, BS11 9SB.
|Mike Glassborow||Cleeve Wood Road,
Bristol, BS16 2SF
Your doctor will assess your injuries and ask a number of questions about them to ascertain how severe they were, how you were affected and whether there will be any long-term problems.
They’ll then write a report for your personal injury solicitor which will contain their findings. The solicitor will use this information to help calculate how much compensation you should claim.
Here are the details for the local hospital in Kingswood in case you need to contact them:
Bristol, BS15 1LF
North Bristol NHS Trust
Here are the details of the main NHS trust providing services in Kingswood:
North Bristol NHS Trust,
Bristol, BS10 5NB.
South Gloucestershire Council
If you need to contact the local authority because you want to make a report or request information from them, here are their details:
South Gloucestershire Council,
Avon And Somerset Police
Here are the details for the local police should you need to contact them:
Avon and Somerset Police,
Bristol, BS20 8JJ.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.