Livingston No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Livingston

No Win No Fee Solicitors Livingston

You might not realise it but if you’ve been made to suffer through somebody else’s negligence, you could be entitled to use a no win no fee solicitor to help claim compensation. We’re not just talking about suffering an injury here either, you could claim for financial losses caused by negligence too. In this guide we’re going to provide a number of scenarios in which you could claim compensation. Specifically, we’ll explain how no win no fee solicitors covering Livingston could help you claim.

We have a team of specialist advisors who are happy to offer advice and a free assessment of any claim. We work with a panel of no win no fee solicitors who are not based in Livingston but can cover the area. To discuss your claim today, please call our team on 0800 073 8802.

Alternatively, to find out how solicitors covering Livingston could help you, please continue reading.

How Do No Win No Fee Solicitors Work?

When you work with a no win no fee solicitor, you’ll each sign a Conditional Fee Agreement (or CFA). This document is important because it explains that you don’t have to pay any solicitor’s fees unless you receive compensation.

When compensation is awarded, you’ll pay a success fee to the solicitor. The size of the success fee will be detailed in your CFA, so you’ll know from the start what it’ll be. Success fees are deducted from your compensation before it’s sent to you which means you don’t have to find the funds to pay the solicitor yourself.

Before making a claim, you’ll need to check whether you’re within the relevant time limit. You can call us for free advice as time limits vary depending on the type of claim. Here are some general examples though:

  • Criminal injuries claim time limit – 2-years.
  • Package holiday claims time limit – 3 years.
  • Personal injury claims time limit – 3 years.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

Claim For A Road Traffic Accident In Livingston

When a road traffic accident occurs, there are many different injuries which could lead to a compensation claim if another road user was negligent. Some of the more common injuries include:

  • Back injuries.
  • Broken or fractured bones.
  • Ligament or tendon damage.
  • Neck injuries including whiplash.
  • Head injuries.
  • Severe bruising/Lacerations

We strongly recommend that you visit your GP or Livingston accident and emergency department for any injury caused by a road accident. That will mean your injuries will be treated and you’ll also have medical records that can be used as evidence to support any claim. Other evidence that could help you could include:

  • Witness details
  • Dashcam footage
  • Photographs of the scene of the accident (before any vehicles are removed if possible)

Medical Negligence Claims Covering Livingston Scotland

If you are made ill or suffer an injury because a medical professional was negligent, you could be entitled to seek medical negligence compensation. It’s possible for claims to be made against the NHS or private healthcare companies and could include negligence in medical or cosmetic treatments.

A medical negligence claim in Scotland could be made for any of the following:

  • A misdiagnosis which caused suffering because you didn’t receive the treatment required.
  • Medication errors that caused side effects.
  • Negligence during dental, cosmetic or medical surgery causing injuries.
  • Care home negligence resulting in pressure sores.
  • Avoidable childbirth injuries.
  • Anaesthetic errors causing pain during treatment.

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Livingston could help you claim for medical negligence so please call for a free assessment of your case.

Causes Of An Accident In The Workplace You Could Claim For

There are times where accidents at work, which could’ve been avoided, lead to a compensation claim against the employer. According to the Health and Safety At Work Act 1974, employers are supposed to do what they can to try and keep staff safe while at work.

This means they should assess the workplace and make changes to reduce risk where possible.

Causes of an accident in the workplace which could lead to a claim include:

  • Inadequate training in the role that they were performing, resulting in unnecessary injuries
  • Faulty machinery.
  • Inadequate safety equipment.
  • A lack of knowledge of the company’s health and safety procedures.

Claim Compensation For An Accident On Holiday

When you’re injured in an accident on holiday, you could claim compensation in a similar way to how you could in the UK.

If you booked your holiday independently, you could claim against the person or business responsible for the accident. However, if you booked a package holiday, you could claim against the provider if the accident happened while using a service they sold to you.

Here are some holiday accident examples where you have been injured which could lead to a claim for compensation:

  • Hotel accidents
  • Hire car crashes
  • Airport accidents
  • Injuries while participating in an excursion activity.
  • Food poisoning.
  • Cruise ship accidents.

How To Claim Compensation For Being Attacked Or Assaulted

Did you know that you could claim compensation for being assaulted? The government’s Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) allows claims for injuries sustained in assault and other violent crimes.

The time limit for claiming is reduced to 2-years for a CICA claim (although this might be waived for historic cases), you have to have reported the crime to police and the amount of compensation paid is different to personal injury claims, especially when you’ve suffered multiple injuries.

If you’d like to find out if you could claim compensation for being attacked, please contact us for free advice today.

Other Examples Of Personal Injury Claims

We’re going to cover some different types of claims our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Livingston could help within the coming sections of the guide. Before we do so, here are some more personal injury claims that you could make:

  • Slip, trip or fall claims are fairly common. You could make one if your fall was caused by negligence such as damaged flooring, cables trailed across a walkway or a broken handrail.
  • A parent can represent a child in a personal injury claim at any point before they turn 18. By becoming a ‘litigation friend’ you could make a claim for your child and any compensation will be placed into a trust fund managed by the courts.
  • If you’re injured in a public place, you could seek compensation from the business or local authority responsible for the area if their negligence led to the accident happening.

Pension Mis Selling Claims And Other Mis Selling Examples

Financial mis-selling and pension mis-selling could lead to a compensation claim if you’ve lost money because of it. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has rules for advisors selling products such as pensions, annuities, investments and mortgages. If those rules are breached and you lose money, a claim against the advisor might be possible.

Mis-selling examples which could lead to a claim include:

  • When the advisor failed to tell you about the ongoing fees.
  • If you were pressurised into making a purchase.
  • When the terms and conditions weren’t explained.
  • If your lifestyle and health weren’t considered.
  • Or if you weren’t given a good range of products to choose from.

If you believe you have a case for claiming for a mis-sold financial product, please call to discuss your case with an advisor.

Could You Claim If Your Landlord Keeps Your Deposit Or Does Not Protect It?

“Can your landlord keep your deposit?”, is a question we’re often asked and the answer, in some cases, is yes. A landlord can retain some or all of your deposit if you’ve damaged the property, have unpaid bills or have rent arrears. However, they need to use a tenancy deposit scheme (TDS) to protect your deposit and to stop them keeping your deposit unfairly.

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Livingston could help you claim against your landlord if they’ve breached any of the TDS rules. These include:

  • Deposits must be placed into a TDS within 30 days of payment.
  • You must be told which one has been used, also within 30 days.
  • The deposit must not be removed from the TDS before the tenancy has ended.

Can You Claim Compensation For Mould Or Other Instances Of Housing Disrepair

We’ve been asked in the past, “Can you claim compensation for mould or other defects in rented property?” and the answer is, yes, in some circumstances any form of housing disrepair could lead to a compensation claim.

If the damp, or other defect, causes you to become ill, injured or damages your personal belongings, you could sue a private landlord, council or housing association.

You could claim, based on the circumstances mentioned above, if a landlord was aware of any of the following defects but failed to repair them:

  • Damp (and mould).
  • Structural defects.
  • Broken hot water boilers.
  • Electrical hazards.
  • Leaking pipes.
  • Blocked drains.
  • Leaking roofs.

How To Get In Touch With Us

To begin your claim today using No Win No Fee Expert, please call us on 0800 073 8802. Alternatively, if you’d like us to call you, please provide your details in our online enquiry form. We’ll use the process below for all enquiries we receive:

Get In Touch With Us

Start your claim by calling one of our friendly advisors.

Discuss Your Situation

We’ll look at your claim and the evidence you have to support it. At this point, we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Livingston.

Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date

If the solicitor agrees that your case is strong enough to take on, they’ll provide you with regular updates as it advances.

Services Covering Livingston Scotland

In some no win no fee claims, you might need to contact a number of different agencies for information. To help you save time, we’ve provide some of their details below.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Livingston

During a personal injury claim, you’ll need to visit an independent doctor for a medical assessment. We have a panel of doctors local to Livingston;

Sumeet VoharaEdinburgh Osteopathic Surgery,
187 Dalkeith Road,
Edinburgh, EH16 5DS
Mohammed AhmadWaterside House,
Hawthornbank Lane,
Edinburgh, EH4 3BH.

When you visit the doctor, during your assessment you’ll be asked a number of questions by the doctor about your injuries. They will use their assessment and your answers to compile a report for your personal injury solicitor.

The report will include details about:

  • The severity of your injuries.
  • What impact they had on you.
  • Whether you’re likely to suffer because of the injuries in the future.

Your solicitor will then use the report as a foundation for your claim and to calculate how much compensation you could be entitled to.

St John’s Hospital At Howden

If you need to get in touch with the local hospital to request medical records or other information, you can use these details:

St John’s Hospital At Howden,
Howden Road West,
Livingston, EH54 6PP.

NHS Lothian

Here are the details for the NHS board providing services in Livingston:

NHS Lothian,
Board Headquarters,
Waverley Gate,
2-4 Waterloo Place,
EH1 3EG.

West Lothian Council

Should you need to contact the council because you need to report a problem or request information, here are their details:

West Lothian Council,
West Lothian Civic Centre,
Howden South Road,
Livingston, EH54 6FF.

Police Scotland – Livingston

If you need to contact the police during your claim, here are local details:

Livingston Police,
West Lothian Civic Centre,
Howden South Road,
Livingston, EH54 6FF.

Written by BT.

Edited by CE.