There are times when you might need the help of a no win no fee solicitor to help you make a compensation claim because somebody else’s negligence has caused you to suffer. If you’re in that situation at the moment, then you should find this guide about no win no fee solicitors covering Lytham St Annes useful. We’re going to provide examples such as medical negligence claims, accident at work claims and financial mis-selling cases that could all be handled on a no win no fee basis.
No Win No Fee Expert have a team of advisors who can provide free advice and a free assessment of your claim. We’re a nationwide company which means that our panel of no win no fee solicitors can cover Lytham St Annes claims with ease. If you’re ready to start your claim right away, why not call us on 0800 073 8802? There’s no obligation, so you’ve got nothing to lose.
To find out more about how we could help before you call us, please continue reading.
How No Win No Fee Claims Solicitors Work
When a no win no fee solicitor takes on a claim, they’re agreeing that they’ll only get paid their fees if they win compensation for their client. This obviously comes with some risks, so they have to choose which cases to take on. Usually for a no win no fee solicitor to consider your case you’ll need to show that:
- You suffered an injury or financial loss;
- Caused by a negligent act;
- By somebody who owed you a duty of care.
When the solicitor agrees to take on your claim, you’ll both sign a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). This is the contract between both parties which shows there are no solicitors fees to pay unless compensation is awarded. When compensation is paid, the solicitor will receive a “success fee” which will be detailed in the CFA.
Success fees are deducted from any compensation to cover the solicitor’s fees and are limited, by law, to 25% of any compensation.
When you make any type of compensation claim, it needs to be made within the relevant time limit. These vary between different claim types and the time limits generally applied:
- Personal injury claims time limit: 3 years.
- Criminal injury claims: 2 years.
- Package holiday claims: 3 years.
- Financial mis-selling claims: Varies (please call to discuss).
- Medical negligence claims: 3 years.
If you’re unsure whether you still have time to claim, please call and check, for free, with one of our specialist advisors.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Claims For Traffic, Road And Car Accidents In Lytham St Annes
- Claims For Medical Negligence In Lytham St Annes
- Lytham St Annes Work Injury Or Accident Claims
- No Win No Fee Holiday Accident Claims In The UK
- Claims By Victims Of Criminal Injuries In Lytham St Annes
- More Personal Injury Claims Handled By Our Panel Of Solicitors
- Mis-Sold Financial Product Victim Compensation
- Renters And Tenants Deposit Compensation Claims
- Lytham St Annes Rental Housing Disrepair Claims
- Contact Our Team To Start Your Claim
- Resources And Services Available In This Area
Claims For Traffic, Road And Car Accidents In Lytham St Annes
The problem with road traffic accidents (RTA) is that gathering evidence can be tricky if it’s not done straight away. As soon as vehicles are removed from the scene of an accident, proving what happened becomes harder. Therefore, if you’re injured in a car accident in Lytham St Annes, we recommend that you:
- Photograph the scene of the accident ASAP if it is safe to do so.
- Get witness details.
- Swap details with the other road user.
- Try to find out if there’s any dashcam footage.
- Visit the accident and emergency department nearest to Lytham St Annes or your GP for treatment.
Remember, to be eligible to claim, your injuries must’ve been sustained in an RTA caused by another road user’s negligence.
Here are some common injuries that are often claimed for:
- Head injuries (including concussion).
- Bone fractures.
- Tissue damage and severe bruising.
- Head injuries.
- Whiplash and other neck injuries.
Claims For Medical Negligence In Lytham St Annes
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Lytham St Annes could also help with claims for medical negligence. A claim could be possible if you’ve suffered an illness or become injured following substandard treatment from a medical professional. Whether the treatment was by NHS or private healthcare staff makes no difference and you could claim even if you signed a consent form or waiver.
Here are a few examples of medical negligence which could lead to a claim:
- Pain caused in treatment because of an anaesthetic error.
- Suffering caused by a misdiagnosis which caused a delay in treatment.
- Injuries that could’ve been avoided during childbirth.
- Injuries caused by negligent surgery (medical, cosmetic or dental).
- Suffering caused because the wrong medicine was prescribed, dispensed or administered.
Lytham St Annes Work Injury Or Accident Claims
You could use a personal injury solicitor to help make a claim for an accident in a Lytham St Annes workplace if it was caused by employer negligence. When you’re at work, your employer needs to try and keep you safe, wherever possible, according to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
This means that they should:
- Perform regular risk assessments and make changes, if possible, to reduce hazards.
- Train staff correctly.
- Ensure equipment and machinery is maintained according to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Provide safety equipment such as goggles, handrails or hard hats to help keep staff safe.
No Win No Fee Holiday Accident Claims In The UK
Holiday accident claims in the UK are possible if you were injured while on holiday abroad and the accident was caused by a negligent act.
If you were injured while using a service provided by a package holiday company, then you could claim against them. If you booked your holiday independently then your claim could still be made but it will be using local laws which means you might have less time to make your claim.
The types of holiday claim possible include:
- Food poisoning claims.
- Cruise ship claims.
- Hotel claims.
- Airport accident claims.
- Excursion-based accident claims (including sporting activities).
- Hotel transfer or hire car accident claims.
Claims By Victims Of Criminal Injuries In Lytham St Annes
Sometimes, when you’re injured during a crime, it’s not possible to claim against the criminal. However, a claim could still be possible because of the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) scheme.
CICA claims are possible for physical and psychological injuries caused by violent crimes. The 2-year time limit we mentioned earlier in this guide can be waived in extreme circumstances.
You must have reported the crime to the police to be able to claim and the compensation amounts are different from those made in ordinary personal injury claims. For help with beginning a CICA claim, please call an advisor today.
More Personal Injury Claims Handled By Our Panel Of Solicitors
Here are a few more personal injury claims that our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Lytham St Annes could help with:
- Children’s injury claims – a parent can represent a child until they’re 18 years old to seek compensation.
- Public place accident claims – if you’re injured in a public place and the local authority or business responsible were negligent, you could seek a compensation payment.
- Slips, trips or falls – One of the most common types of accident. If they’re caused by slippery floors (with little or no warning signs), uneven flooring, raised kerb stones or trailing cables, you could be entitled to claim.
Mis-Sold Financial Product Victim Compensation
When you purchase a financial product like a mortgage, pension, annuity or investment, the advisor is governed by rules from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). If you lose money because the rules weren’t followed, you could be entitled to compensation. A sample of the FCA rules include:
- You should be given a wide range of products to choose from.
- The fees, charges and terms of any product should be explained clearly.
- There should be no pressure placed on you.
- Your health and lifestyle should be discussed during the purchase.
Renters And Tenants Deposit Compensation Claims
You might be able to claim against your landlord if they have not followed the rules surrounding Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS). These include:
- Any deposit you pay to secure a property must be paid into a government backed TDS within 30 days of payment.
- The landlord must tell you in writing, within 30 days, which scheme they’ve used.
- Your deposit must not be removed from the scheme before the tenancy ends.
Lytham St Annes Rental Housing Disrepair Claims
If you rent a property from a private landlord, council or housing association then they are responsible for some repairs required to keep the property habitable. This means that you could make a housing disrepair claim if they fail to fix a problem which:
- Damages your personal property.
- Makes you become ill.
- Causes you an injury.
The types of fault that could lead to this type of claim include:
- A roof leak or leaking pipes.
- Broken hot water or heating.
- Structural damage.
- Electrical faults.
- Mould or damp.
- Blocked drains.
Contact Our Team To Start Your Claim
If you’d like to begin your claim today, please call us on 0800 073 8802. If it would be easier for us to call you back, please provide your details using this online enquiry form. For all enquiries, we’ll follow the process below
Get In Touch With Us
We’ll start when you get in touch with an advisor.
Discuss Your Situation
Then we’ll provide a free assessment of your claim and the evidence you have to support it.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
At this point, we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Lytham St Annes. If they take on your claim, you’ll get expert advice and regular updates as things progress.
Resources And Services Available In This Area
In our experience, during most no win no fee claims, they’ll come a point where you need to request information from one or more local services. To save you some time, we’ve listed a few of these below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Lytham St Annes
An important part of any personal injury claim is a medical assessment by an independent doctor. We work with a panel of doctors around the UK. Here are some of the doctors near to Lytham St Annes that could perform your assessment.
|Vikesh Kashyap||Unicorn House,
Blackpool, FY3 7UN
|Ayaz Abassi||Whitegate Drive,
Blackpool, FY3 9LJ.
|Simon Briggs||The Preston Physiotherapy Centre,
Moor Park Avenue,
Preston, PR1 6AS.
During your appointment, the doctor will ask you a number of questions. Based on your responses and the medical evidence available to them, they’ll produce a report for your personal injury lawyer. This will provide details of what injuries you suffered, how severe they were and what effect the injury had on you. It will also explain if there’s likely to be any long-term impact on your life.
This information is all really important as it will help your solicitor determine what level of compensation you could be entitled to.
Should you need to contact the local hospital because you need medical records or information, you can use the details below.
Lytham St Annes, FY8 1PB.
Blackpool Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
To contact the NHS trust operating services in Lytham St Annes, please use the following contact details.
Blackpool Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Blackpool Victoria Hospital,
Whinney Heys Road,
Fylde Borough Council
If you need any information from the local authority or want to report something to them, you can use the following details.
Fylde Borough Council
St Annes Road West,
St Annes, FY8 1LW
Finally, if you need to contact the local police because you need to report an incident or for information, they can be found at:
Lancashire Police Headquarters
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.