If you’re looking for the benefits of a no win no fee solicitor, then this guide could prove useful. We’ll aim to explain when you could be eligible for compensation and the types of claims you could make. Specifically, we’re going to look at how no win no fee solicitors covering Redditch could help you.
Here at No Win No Fee Expert our panel of solicitors are not based in Redditch but can cover the area for many types of compensation claims and could do so on a no win no fee basis. If you’d like to discuss starting a claim right away, call our specialists on 0800 073 8802.
To find out more about how claims work before calling, please continue reading this helpful guide.
Conditional Fee Agreement Advice
There are many reasons why you might want to enlist the help of a no win no fee solicitor. You could be looking to claim for a medical negligence case, a car accident, because you were injured during a holiday or because you suffered due to financial mis-selling.
A conditional fee agreement (CFA) is used by solicitors to reduce the financial risk for their clients. When using a CFA:
- You don’t need to pay any upfront fees.
- The solicitor isn’t paid if they lose the case.
- If you receive compensation, then a fixed percentage is retained by the solicitor as a success fee to cover their costs.
The level of success fee you’ll pay will be explained when you sign CFA but, by law, it’s limited to 25% of your compensation.
When making a claim, you need to ensure it’s made within the correct time limit. These vary depending on the type of claim. For instance, the personal injury claims time limit is generally 3 years. However, claims for financial mis-selling, some holiday claims, criminal injury claims and claims involving children can have different time limits. For advice on whether you’re able to claim, please contact a member of our team.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Redditch Road Traffic And Vehicle Accident Claims
- No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Cases
- No Win No Fee Redditch Work Accident Cases
- No Win No Fee Claims If Injured During A Holiday
- Make A No Win No Fee CICA Criminal Injury Claim
- Further Types Of Accident Claims
- Mis Sold Investment, Pension, Or Annuity Claims
- Tenants Rental Deposit Claims
- Housing Disrepair Causing Injury, Illness Or Personal Property Damage
- How To Claim Compensation
- Local Public Services
No Win No Fee Redditch Road Traffic And Vehicle Accident Claims
According to a UK government report, there were nearly 1,800 fatalities on Britain’s road in 2018. While this figure has reduced drastically since the 1980s, it’s still a high figure which shows how common road traffic accidents (RTAs) are.
Luckily, most RTAs are less serious and involve injuries such as:
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Head injuries.
- Back injuries.
- Soft tissue damage.
- Neck injuries (including whiplash).
- Cuts and lacerations.
If you’ve suffered any of the above injuries, in an accident caused by another road user, you could seek compensation for the suffering caused. The road accident claim process will require you to provide evidence of what happened. Therefore, following an RTA, (If it is a minor collision) try to gather as much of the following evidence as possible:
- Details of the other road user.
- Photographic evidence of the scene and your injuries.
- Witness details and statements.
- Dashcam footage.
We also advise that you seek medical advice regarding your injuries as soon as possible after the accident. If you’d like free legal advice about making a vehicle accident claim, call an advisor today.
No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Cases
Another type of claim that a personal injury lawyer could make is one for medical negligence. This occurs when you suffer an avoidable illness or preventable injury following substandard treatment by a medical professional.
You could claim for:
- Avoidable injuries caused by surgical mistakes.
- Avoidable childbirth injuries (to mother or baby).
- Dental preventable injuries to teeth, gums or nerves.
- Suffering caused by a misdiagnosis which causes delayed treatment.
- Injuries or side effects caused by cosmetic treatments where the risks weren’t explained.
- Abuse in care homes.
- Mistakes made with medication which causes you to become ill or your condition to worsen.
No Win No Fee Redditch Work Accident Cases
All employers have a duty of care to protect their staff while at work. They need to undertake risk assessments regularly and make changes to the working environment accordingly.
If they act negligently in any way, which causes an accident in which you’re injured in you could claim compensation from them. Your employer is not allowed to prevent you from claiming or discipline you or sack you for doing so.
You could be eligible to claim if you’re injured due to:
- Faulty equipment.
- A lack of protective equipment.
- If you or another member of staff were not trained properly in the task in which you were injured.
No Win No Fee Claims If Injured During A Holiday
If you suffer an injury while on a package holiday due to the negligence of a part of the holiday provider you could be protected by UK legislation. You could claim compensation for any injury caused by the holiday company’s staff negligence or by services you purchased through them.
You can also claim if you booked each part of your holiday yourself. The process will be similar but would be made under legislation used in the country where the accident happened. No win no fee solicitors covering Redditch could still help but the time limits could vary so call us to check your eligibility to claim.
The types of holiday claims you could make include:
- Hotel accident claims.
- Food poisoning claims.
- Airport transfer injury claims.
- Accidents while on a sporting activity or excursion.
- Airport accidents.
- Cruise ship accidents (including while tendering).
- Hire car accidents.
In order to have a valid claim it must be proven that a third party who owed you a duty of care to keep you safe had breached this and caused you to suffer unnecessarily.
Make A No Win No Fee CICA Criminal Injury Claim
When you’re injured in a criminal act, the government operates the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) which allows claims from crime victims. Claims can be made for physical injuries caused by crimes like assaults, sexual abuse and psychological injuries caused by crimes. They can also include payments for financial losses linked to your injuries.
The time limit for CICA claims is generally 2 years but this can vary. If you’d like advice about how to make a CICA claim, call one of our team today.
Further Types Of Accident Claims
In the next sections of this guide, we’re going to cover the different types of claims you could make. Before we do, here are a few more personal injury claims a solicitor could help with:
- Accidents involving children. Adults can represent a child before they turn 18 to help them claim compensation. Upon turning 18, the now adult then has 3 years to make a claim for compensation for the injuries that they had sustained during childhood.
- Accidents in public places. If you suffer an injury on a footpath, in a park or in any other public space, you could claim against the owner if they were negligent (a local authority or business usually).
- Slips trips and falls. You might be able to claim for injuries caused by a trip or fall if it happened due to a negligent act.
For any type of accident claim, if possible, try to photograph the cause of the accident as well as your injuries. Seek medical treatment and ask witnesses for their details and, where possible, report the accident. All of these steps can provide valuable evidence to support a claim should you decide to make one.
Mis Sold Investment, Pension, Or Annuity Claims
No win no fee solicitors covering Redditch could also help you if you’ve lost out financially due to mis-sold investments. There are a number of rules laid out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which financial advisors need to adhere to. Failure to do so, which leads to financial loss, could mean compensation is payable.
If you’ve lost money after purchasing a pension, annuity or other financial product, because of any of the following, you could be entitled to make a claim:
- You weren’t told about the fees or charges associated with the product.
- The advisor didn’t ask about your health or lifestyle before advising you.
- You were pressured into acting quickly.
- The advisor only gave you one or two products to choose from, meaning you couldn’t make an informed decision.
- You were promised a particular outcome which wasn’t achieved (i.e. your investment will grow by a guaranteed percentage each year).
- You were sold a high-risk product despite asking the advisor not to risk your money.
Tenants Rental Deposit Claims
Tenancy deposit schemes (TDS) were introduced to protect tenants from losing their deposit unfairly. “What can I do if a landlord refuses to return my deposit”, is a common question TDS companies handle. They offer a dispute resolution service which might help, or you could use a no win no fee solicitor to help claim if:
- Your deposit hasn’t been returned to you at the end of your agreement. When you have met all contractual parts of the tenancy.
- The landlord moved the money out of a TDS before the end of your tenancy.
- You weren’t informed, in writing, which scheme held your deposit within 30 days of paying it.
Housing Disrepair Causing Injury, Illness Or Personal Property Damage
If you’re renting a property, from a private landlord, local council or a housing agency, you have a number of rights. One of them is that your landlord will maintain your property to meet minimum health and safety requirements. If they don’t meet their obligations and you have suffered either financially or physically as a result then you might be able to claim compensation from them.
The first step is to report any fault or defect to them. If they then fail to repair the fault within a reasonable time period, you could seek compensation for any personal injury or illness caused by the fault, damage to your personal property or financial losses that you incur because of the fault.
How To Claim Compensation
We hope you’re now ready to begin a no win no fee claim now that you’ve read this guide. For free, no-obligation advice regarding your claim call us on 0800 073 8802. To arrange for us to call you at a convenient time, you can fill in this enquiry form.
Get In Touch With Us
Using the above contact methods.
Discuss Your Situation
We offer a free, no obligation assessment of your claim and if we believe that you have a valid claim we will introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Redditch.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Local Public Services
While handling a claim for compensation, you might want to contact a local organisation to help supply evidence for your claim. To save you time, we’ve listed some organisations in Redditch that might be useful.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Redditch
An important part of any personal injury claim is an independent medical assessment. They are used to understand how you were injured, what affect the injuries had on you and whether you could face further complications later on in life.
We try to ensure they’re carried out as locally as possible. We have a panel of doctors across the UK who could carry out an assessment. In the Redditch area we work with:
|Alba Sanchez Mascunano||Edward Street,
Redditch, B97 6HA
|Masroor Ahmad||Broad Oaks,
Birmingham, B91 1BB.
We’ve provided details of the largest hospital in Redditch below.
Redditch, B98 7UB.
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
To contact the NHS trust operating hospitals and services in the Redditch area, use the details below.
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
Worcestershire Royal Hospital,
Charles Hastings Way,
Worcester, WR5 1DD.
Redditch Borough Council
The details below can be used to contact the local authority covering Redditch.
Redditch Borough Council
Walter Stranz Square,
Redditch, B98 8AH.
West Mercia Police
To contact the police headquarters covering Redditch, use the following details.
West Mercia Police,
Worcester, WR3 8SP.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.