When it comes to learning about how to make an accident claim, Rochester residents can use this online guide to get a basic understanding of the claims process, and why they could be eligible to make a claim in the first place. With the single caveat that you must be within the personal injury claims time limit in order for this guide to fully apply.
Each claim can be somewhat unique, and this means that despite the fact we have tried to provide a comprehensive guide below, there may be questions that it does not answer in your own case. If this is so, please call our claims team on 0800 073 8802. They will be able to answer any questions that you have, and also explain how we can help you by arranging for one of our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Rochester to process your claim for you.
What Is A No Win No Fee Compensation Claim?
You have probably heard the term No Win No Fee before. But do you know what this actually means? It seems to infer that when you make a claim under this kind of agreement, you don’t have to pay anything unless you win your claim. But is this actually the case? Let’s take a look.
When you work with a No Win No Fee solicitor to process your claim for compensation, you won’t be expected to pay them any fee to start handling your claim. During the time it takes your solicitor to process your claim, and attempt to get you a compensation settlement, no ongoing legal fees will be charged. This is an important consideration, as complex claims may take some time to process. Once the claim has been processed, if the solicitor has not been able to get you any compensation, then there is still no fee to pay. So, we can see that you don’t pay anything until your claim has been successful.
If your claim is successful, the fee will be deducted from the compensation payment the solicitor received on your behalf. Prior to starting your claim for you, the solicitor will have agreed on a percentage of the overall compensation amount that they can take as their fee.
If you want a further of how this fee structure works, you can click here. Alternatively, use the phone number at the end of this page to speak to one of our claim advisors.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Claims For Traffic Accidents In Rochester
- No Win No Fee Rochester Medical Negligence Claims
- Work Accident And Injury Compensation Claims
- Injury And Accident On Holiday Compensation Claims
- Victims Of Crime Compensation Claims
- More Accident Or Injury Claims
- Mis Sold Pension, Annuity Or Financial Product Claims
- No Win No Fee Rochester Tenancy Deposit Claims
- Housing Disrepair Damages Claims Against A Landlord
- Make A No Win No Fee Claim
- Other Helpful Information For Claimants In Rochester
No Win No Fee Claims For Traffic Accidents In Rochester
According to the Department of Transport, there were a total of 160,597 injuries due to Road Traffic Accidents in the UK in 2018. If you have been injured in a traffic accident in Rochester, you could be able to make a compensation claim for your injuries, as long as a third party was to blame in some way. For example:
- A cyclist is run off the road by a van driver who is not paying attention, and they suffer a fractured wrist.
- A pedestrian is hit by a speeding car on a zebra crossing, causing traumatic head injuries.
- A passenger on a bus, suffers a minor case of whiplash when the bus collides with an automated traffic bollard that failed to lower when the bus approached.
In these examples, a third party is clearly to blame for the accident that caused harm to a road user. In each case, the victim could have been able to pursue a claim. If you are injured in an RTA, we can arrange for one of our panel of solicitors handling Rochester Kent claims to process your claim for you.
No Win No Fee Rochester Medical Negligence Claims
Even though healthcare facilities operated by the National Health Service (NHS) and private healthcare companies are charged with ensuring every patient is treated safely, clinical negligence still occurs in some cases. Whenever a medical professional causes harm to a patient due to a mistake, in a way that could have been avoided, a claim could exist. For example:
- A pharmaceutical error causes a patient to have an adverse reaction to the medication they should not have been taking.
- A GP causes a delay in treatment of a serious illness such as cancer, due to a misdiagnosis.
- Staff in a care home failing to use the correct lifting techniques on a bedbound resident, resulting in an unnecessary fracture.
These examples above, show how the negligent acts of medical professionals can result in unnecessary harm to patients. If you believe you have been the victim of Rochester medical negligence, we could be able to provide you with a solicitor covering Rochester to process it for you.
Work Accident And Injury Compensation Claims
It is a legal obligation of every employer in the UK, to protect their workforce from harm in the workplace. This includes both injuries caused by workplace accidents, and also work-related illness. An employee can be injured in many ways, for example:
- A mechanic working under a car in a work shop could be crushed by the car dropping onto them, due to the jack being used not being properly maintained.
- A supermarket employee who is stacking shelves, could be injured by stock falling on to them, due to the stock being stacked higher than safety regulations state.
- An office worker could trip over a laptop charging cable, that has been left strewn across the office floor, spraining their wrist.
In each of these cases, there is clearly an external cause of the accident, that could be attributed as being responsible for harming the employee. If you have been injured at work, call our specialist advisors today to find out if you have a valid claim or not. If you do, we can arrange for your claim to be processed by a personal injury solicitor under a No Win No Fee agreement.
Injury And Accident On Holiday Compensation Claims
It could be possible for victims of accidents on holiday to make a claim for the harm they have suffered once they have returned to the UK. There are several potential circumstances that could affect your claim. These being:
- On a package holiday – if you are injured or become ill due to the actions of one of the travel providers that were included in the package price, your solicitor would claim against the actual UK based travel vendor.
- On a privately booked holiday – your solicitor would claim against the individual package provider that was responsible for the harm you suffered. For example, the operator of a hotel that was responsible for you becoming the victim of a slip, trip or fall accident.
- Under the Montreal Convention – if you are injured in a plane flight while the plane is flying in international airspace, your solicitor could claim against the airline under the terms of the convention.
Victims Of Crime Compensation Claims
Every victim of a violent crime in the UK, such as rape, assault, mugging, or sexual assault, has the right to apply for victims of crime compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
If you have been the victim of a violent crime, we can arrange for one of our panel of experienced CICA claims solicitors, to process your claim for you. This can be for physical harm, and also for psychological damage caused by such a traumatic experience. To discuss your circumstances, please contact one of our advisors.
More Accident Or Injury Claims
Any time you are injured or become ill due to the negligent actions of a third party (and this includes harm due to oversight or omission), a personal injury solicitor could be able to help you to make a personal injury claim. As examples of this:
- Whilst working on their car on the public road, your neighbour spills some oil on the pavement which you subsequently slip on, fracturing your wrist.
- You buy some Christmas tree lights at your local market. When you take them home and plug them in, you are electrocuted due to a manufacturing fault.
- Whilst your child is playing on equipment at a public playground run by the local council, they are injured due to the equipment being faulty or poorly maintained.
As we can see from these examples, any legal entity can be responsible for causing an accident for which you may be able to claim. A private individual, a manufacturing company, or a local government body such as the council in these examples. Call our claims team and explain how your accident happened. They will be able to tell you whether your claim is valid, and who you will need to claim compensation from.
Mis Sold Pension, Annuity Or Financial Product Claims
Whenever you are sold a financial product, the financial advisor who is selling it to you is legally obliged to adhere to a set of rules and regulations that govern the way the sale takes place. These include:
- You must be warned of all financial risks involved and that you could lose out financially.
- You must be told by the financial advisor that there may be better products, more suited to your needs, than those they are offering.
- You should not be encouraged to transfer your workplace pension into a Self-Invested Pension Plan (SIPP).
- You must be offered the best advice at all times, even if this is contra to the sales process.
- Your financial advisor must offer you products that are based on your lifestyle habits and your health.
If you suffer some form of financial loss later down the line, for example, you were mis sold a pension annuity and your retirement income is lower than it should have been, you could have a basis for making a claim. You can speak to one of our claim advisors, who will go over your claim with you. If we think we can help, we can arrange for one of our panel of solicitors to handle your financial mis selling claim for you.
No Win No Fee Rochester Tenancy Deposit Claims
When you rent privately, either through an individual landlord or a letting agent, you have certain rights that relate to the way your tenancy deposit is handled once you have paid it over. These include:
- Within 30 days of being paid a tenancy deposit, the landlord must protect financially, segregating it from their working capital, and ensuring it is never put at risk.
- For the entire term of the tenancy, the landlord must continue to ensure that the full amount of the deposit is financially protected.
- When you give up your tenancy and move out, the landlord must return your deposit in full, unless you have breached one or more terms of your tenancy contract.
If your landlord cannot or will not return your tenancy deposit, then you could have a basis for making tenancy deposit claims. Speak to one of our claim advisors, who will tell you whether you do have a valid cause to claim, and help you to get a claim started.
Housing Disrepair Damages Claims Against A Landlord
When you are living in a rented property, it is within your rights to expect the property to be maintained. If it isn’t, then there is an official complaints procedure for housing disrepair that you will need to follow. If your landlord doesn’t fix the disrepair once you have made a complaint, then you could be able to claim for either physical harm or financial loss caused by the disrepair. For example:
- Housing disrepair general damages – for actual physical harm. This could be for an injury (such as being electrocuted by faulty wiring), or it could be for an illness (such as a chest infection caused by damp or mould).
- Housing disrepair special damages – to compensate you for some kind of financial loss.
Make A No Win No Fee Claim
Do you need more information on the process of making a claim for compensation? Or perhaps you are ready for a personal injury lawyer to begin working on a claim for you? Whatever help you need, the steps below will help you get it.
Get In Touch With Us
Discuss Your Situation
Talk through your circumstances with our legal advisors. We will then connect you to a no win no fee solicitor from our panel.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
If you choose to work with our panel of solicitors as they are not based in Rochester, they will ensure that you are kept up to date regularly whether that be through the post, via email or over the telephone.
Other Helpful Information For Claimants In Rochester
The sections below contain information that may be of use to Rochester claimants. This includes useful local contact info.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Rochester
We work with a panel of doctors local to Rochester. Some of whom you can see below;
|Raneesh Mahandru||Tuppence House|
|Muhammad Ather||48 Church Street|
|Kashif Aziz||26 Kings Hill Ave|
Medway Maritime Hospital
Medway NHS Foundation Trust
Medway Maritime Hospital
Medway Borough Council
Written by MC.
Edited by CE.