If you are injured or become ill due to the negligent acts of a third party, you may be able to use the services of a lawyer who will help you to make a personal injury claim for the harm you have suffered. Most people understand this, but lack the knowledge required to begin moving forward with their own claim. This guide aims to address this issue.
Once you have finished reading this guide, if you have additional questions or simply need some free legal advice related to your claim, please speak to one of our claim advisors on 0800 073 8802. They will provide you with the answers that you need and also explain to you how we can introduce you to a No Win No Fee solicitor from our panel covering Scunthorpe to process your claim for you.
How Do Conditional Fee Agreement Solicitors Work?
A No Win No Fee agreement, or a ‘Conditional Fee Agreement’ (CFA), provides claimants with a way of making compensation claims whilst minimising some financial risks. A no win no fee solicitor will not charge a fee until the claim has been successful. Let’s take a look at the Conditional Fee Agreement advantages and disadvantages below.
A key advantage of a CFA is that you won’t need to fund your claim by paying solicitor fees to start the claim or to have it processed. You only pay a fee when you have received a compensation settlement. To answer the question: “How much is a Conditional Fee Agreement?” The solicitor can charge up to 25% of the compensation you win (the actual percentage will be agreed upon before the claim commences). If you click here, you can read our full guide to the No Win No Fee process. Alternatively, you can ask one of our claim advisors to explain things to you in more depth, if you call them on the number at the bottom of this guide.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Compensation After A Road Accident In Scunthorpe
- No Win No Fee Claims With Clinical Negligence Solicitors
- Accident At Work In Scunthorpe Compensation Claims
- Claim Compensation If Injured While On Holiday
- CICA and Criminal Injury Compensation For Victims
- Additional Types Of Personal Injury Claim
- Financial Service And Product Mis-Selling Claims
- No Win No Fee Deposit Disputes Tenant Advice
- Claims Against Scunthorpe Landlords For Housing Disrepair
- Make A Claim Today
- Local Public Services
No Win No Fee Compensation After A Road Accident In Scunthorpe
In the annual report published by the Department of Transport in 2018, it was shown that 160,597 casualties of all severities were in road traffic accidents were reported within the UK. This demonstrates that traffic accidents are a fairly common occurrence on UK roads. Any road user, and this includes the passengers in a vehicle as well as pedestrians, can attempt to make a claim if they have been harmed in an incident caused by another road user, or a static hazard caused by some other third party. For example:
- A signpost that has fallen on to the road, causes a driver to swerve violently and run off the road, resulting in a severe case of whiplash.
- A pet dog that has been let off the leash, chases a cyclist, biting them and causing them to fall off of their bicycle.
- A van driver pulls out of a side road without due care and attention, and a motorcyclist that was approaching the side road crashes into the side of the van, causing multiple bone fractures.
- A pedestrian walking across a level crossing, suffers a head injury due to a barrier that drops too quickly, caused by a fault with the level crossing.
All of these examples show how a road user can be injured due to the actions of another road user or a road hazard caused by poor maintenance. In each case, it could be possible for the victim to make a claim for the harm they have suffered. We can help you to claim compensation after a road accident. If you call our claims team, they will explain how.
No Win No Fee Claims With Clinical Negligence Solicitors
People who have been harmed by the negligent actions of a medical professional, including mistakes, omission or oversight that harms a patient, could be able to make personal injury claims. Though a person should bear in mind:
- Firstly, the patient must have suffered some form of physical harm. This could be an injury, illness or some other medical issue.
- Secondly, the medical professional that caused harm (or the healthcare facility itself), must have had a duty of care towards the patient.
- Thirdly, the negligent act that harmed the patient was avoidable. Alternative action could have been taken that would have fulfilled the duty of care.
It should be apparent that making a claim for medical negligence can be a complex process. Using a team of experienced clinical negligence solicitors is often the best option for making this kind of claim. We can provide you with such a solicitor from our panel of lawyers that can cover the Scunthorpe area. Call our claims team today to find out how to proceed with a clinical negligence claim.
Accident At Work In Scunthorpe Compensation Claims
Workplace safety is something that every employer in the UK has to ensure. This requirement is enforced by multiple levels of legislation, including general regulations such as the Occupiers Liability Act and also all Health & Safety regulations that relate to the core business operations of the company. For example, a construction company has to comply with all requirements set out by the Health & Safety Executive for the construction industry. A failure in compliance can lead to workplace accidents such as:
- Sprains and strains being caused by a slip, trip or fall.
- Traumatic head injuries caused by being struck by a falling object.
- Whiplash caused by an accident involving a work vehicle.
- Fractured bones caused by a fall from height.
- Workplace illnesses caused by exposure to chemical fumes.
- Psychological problems, such as anxiety, caused by workplace stress.
All of these examples who how an employer can suffer some form of physical harm, due to workplace hazards that the employer should have mitigated in some way. In cases such as these, we could be able to assist you. We could arrange for a workplace accident and injury solicitor to process your claim for you. Please talk to our claims team to learn more about how we can assist with making an accident at work compensation claim.
Claim Compensation If Injured While On Holiday
Your solicitor can help you to make claims for injuries and illnesses that occur overseas while you are on holiday, that was caused by the acts of a third party. Something you will need to keep in mind is that if you do intend to make a claim for the harm you suffered on holiday at a later stage, is that you will need to be within the personal injury claims time limit to be eligible to claim.
If you are injured while on holiday, your solicitor will either claim against the specific travel provider that caused you harm or the UK based travel firm you booked your holiday through if you were on a package holiday. For example:
- If you are scalded by a faulty coffee machine in your hotel room, staying at a hotel that was included in the price of your package holiday, you would claim against the UK based travel firm.
- If you are injured by baggage falling out of an overhead storage bin on a plane flight you booked yourself, you would claim against the airline.
- If you fell down an escalator at an airport, because the executor stopped suddenly and fractured your arm, you would claim against the airport operator. Regardless of whether you booked your holiday as part of a package deal, or you booked it privately.
No matter how you are harmed while you are on holiday, you could be eligible to make a claim. If you talk to a member of our claims team and explain your situation to them, they will be able to tell you how you should proceed with your claim.
CICA and Criminal Injury Compensation For Victims
Did you know that it is possible for a solicitor to help claim criminal compensation for victims of a violent crime, even if the identity of the attacker is not known? This is possible due to the existence of the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). This is an executive agency of the UK Government that was founded in 1996. Funding for CICA comes from the Ministry of Justice. CICA acts as a surrogate defendant, enabling victims of violent crimes such as assault or a mugging, as well as victims of sexually related crimes such as rape or sexual assault, to make a claim for the harm they have suffered. This covers both physical harm and psychological injuries.
We can provide you with one of our panel of lawyers to help you to make a claim through CICA. If you take some time to explain to our expert team the circumstances surrounding your claim, they will be able to tell you whether we can help you or not. If we can, we will arrange for a solicitor to process your claim for you.
Additional Types Of Personal Injury Claim
Claims are not limited to the kinds we have covered in the sections above. In effect, any time a person is injured either directly or indirectly due to the actions of a third party, a valid basis for a claim could exist. For example:
- Whilst visiting your local coffee shop, you are scalded by a faulty water heater in the public restroom.
- Your child is cut by a damaged railing in their school playground.
- A delivery driver drops a heavy package on your foot, causing a fracture.
- After canned food, you become ill due to the food having been contaminated by bacteria such as Clostridium Botulinum.
In all off these examples the victim was a) clearly harmed in some way, and b) the cause of the harm can be attributed to a third party. In each example, we could have potentially helped the victim by arranging one of our panel of solicitors to process a claim for them. However you have been harmed, if you think you could have a valid claim, please speak to our claims team to learn how to proceed.
Financial Service And Product Mis-Selling Claims
In some cases, it could be possible for a solicitor to help you to make a claim for financial loss, based on financial mis selling that occurred when you were sold a financial product. For example:
- You were encouraged to move your workplace pension into a Self-Invested Pensions Plan (SIPP).
- You were sold a pension annuity that was based on risky investments such as carbon credits, property syndication or ethical forestry.
- You were sold a Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) policy, without the financial advisor informing you that there could be better products than the one they were offering you.
In 2006, the rules change in regard to the way that financial products must now be sold in a more ethical manner. If you were sold a financial product in breach of these new rules, we may be able to help you to claim for any financial loss you suffered. Our claims team can tell you more about the claims process for financial loss.
No Win No Fee Deposit Disputes Tenant Advice
Your landlord has to protect your tenancy deposit financially within 30 days of being handed it, through the entire time you are a tenant. They must also return your deposit in full when your tenancy ends, unless you have breached the terms of your tenancy. Therefore, if the landlord either refuses to return your deposit for some reason that is not covered by the tenancy agreement, or has lost your deposit due to financial hardship, you could be able to make a claim. Speak to our claims team for some deposit disputes tenant advice and find out how to move forward with your claim.
Claims Against Scunthorpe Landlords For Housing Disrepair
There is an official procedure that you and your landlord must adhere too in relation to complaints about housing disrepair. You are obligated to report disrepair promptly, and your landlord is required to fix disrepair within an acceptable timescale. For example, in the winter months, if you report broken heating or hot water to your landlord, then under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, it must be fixed within 24 hours.
If your landlord fails to fulfil their legal obligations related to repairing critical disrepair, and this causes you physical harm or financial loss, you could be eligible to make a claim. Our claims team will be able to evaluate your claim and tell you how best to proceed with it.
Make A Claim Today
Are you ready to go ahead with a claim? Or maybe you need a little free legal advice before making one? Either way, all you need to do is follow the three steps below.
Get In Touch With Us
Get in touch with our claims team on 0800 073 8802. They will be able to provide you with the help you need to start your claim. This will include arranging for you to have your claim valued, even if you already know roughly how much you could claim after using a personal injury claims calculator.
Discuss Your Situation
Explain the circumstances of your claim, the harm you have suffered, and any other pertinent details with our claims team, so they can offer you some informed advice on how to proceed.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
If you have a valid claim, we can arrange for one of our panel of solicitors to handle your claim for you. This will be under a No Win No Fee agreement. We will always be available any time you need an update on the status of your claim.
Local Public Services
Below we have included additional information that could be useful to some claimants, or people who need the contact details of local organisations in Scunthorpe.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Scunthorpe
We can arrange a medical examination in Scunthorpe for you form the doctors in the table below. This will enable a solicitor to value your claim accurately for you.
|Syed Naeem||Scunthorpe General Hospital|
|Private Patient Reception|
|Blue Sky Booking Office|
|Marta Vinaras Molinero||Rowland Road|
Give our claims team a call when you are ready for them to organise this medical examination for you.
Scunthorpe General Hospital
North Lincolnshire And Goole NHS Foundation Trust
Diana Princess Of Wales Hospital
North Lincolnshire Council
North Lincolnshire Council
Church Square House
Written by M.C.
Edited by H.E.