If you’re looking for a no win no fee solicitor to help you seek compensation because somebody else’s negligence has caused you to suffer, then you should find this guide helpful. Whether you’re looking to claim for financial mis-selling, medical negligence, personal injury claims or an accident at work, our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Smethwick could help you.
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors can handle Smethwick claims even though they are not based in the area. What’s more, here at No Win No Fee Expert our team of friendly advisors offer free advice and a no obligation assessment of your claim. If you’d like to begin a claim right away, please call 0800 073 8802 today.
If you’d like more information about the types of cases a no win no fee solicitor could help with, please continue reading.
What Do No Win No Fee Agreements Cover?
When you and a no win no fee solicitor agree to work together, you’ll both sign a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). This is your contract which clearly explains that the only time you’ll need to pay your solicitors fees is if you are awarded compensation. If that happens, a ‘success fee’ will be deducted from your compensation before the rest is paid to you. By law, success fees are limited to 25% of your compensation and are used to cover the solicitor’s fees in full.
As the solicitor risks not getting paid, they will need to check the validity of your claim before they can offer a no win no fee service. Usually, you’ll need to be able to demonstrate that:
- Somebody who owed you a duty of care;
- Caused you to suffer;
- Through some form of negligence.
The suffering could include physical or psychological injuries of financial losses. When your solicitor considers your claim, they’ll also need to check whether it’s being made within the relevant time limit. Each type of claim has its own time limit. The personal injury claims time limit is 3-years from the date of your accident whereas a criminal injuries claim has a 2-year time limit. The best advice is to call an advisor, explain how you suffered and they’ll be able to confirm how long you have to begin your claim.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Claims For Road Traffic Accidents In Smethwick
- Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Smethwick And The West Midlands
- Claim If Injured At Work In Smethwick
- Make A No Win No Fee Claim For A Holiday Accident
- Smethwick Criminal Injury Victim And Sexual Abuse Claims
- Examples Of More Personal Injury Claims
- Compensation If Mis-Sold A Financial Service
- Compensation For Tenancy And Rental Deposits
- Claims Against Landlords In Smethwick For Housing Disrepair
- How To Contact Our Team
- Resources Or Services Covering This area
No Win No Fee Claims For Road Traffic Accidents In Smethwick
If you suffer an injury in a Smethwick road traffic accident (RTA) caused by another road user, you could use a personal injury lawyer to help claim compensation.
There are some injuries caused by RTAs which are commonly claimed for including:
- Concussion and other head injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Cuts or lacerations.
- Neck injuries including whiplash.
- Back injuries.
- Bruising, sprains, strains and soft tissue injuries.
Following a Smethwick car accident, we’d recommend acting quickly to secure evidence. If vehicles are removed or leave the scene of the accident, then proving what happened can become trickier. Therefore, see if you can:
- Get the details of the responsible party including their vehicles number plate.
- Take photographs before vehicles are moved.
- Ask witnesses for their details.
- Seek medical treatment at Smethwick accident and emergency or your local GP surgery.
- Try to obtain copies of any dashcam footage.
Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Smethwick And The West Midlands
When you’re injured or made ill following substandard treatment by a medical professional, our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Smethwick could help you claim compensation.
You might want to claim for:
- The misdiagnosis of cancer (or other conditions) which caused a delay in receiving treatment.
- Injuries during childbirth which were avoidable.
- Illnesses, like sepsis or pneumonia caused by hospital super bugs.
- Surgical negligence (dental, medical or cosmetic) which leaves you injured.
- Negligence in care homes resulting in bed sores.
- Mistakes with anaesthetics which cause you to suffer pain during treatment.
You could make a Smethwick medical negligence claim against any medical professional whether there are employed by the NHS or a private healthcare provider. The claim can cover negligent medical treatment as well as negligence in cosmetic procedures too.
Claim If Injured At Work In Smethwick
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 means that employers are supposed to try and keep their staff safe while at work where possible. It’s probably impossible to guarantee a workplace is completely safe and risk-free but employers should take the following steps to make the working environment safer:
- Perform regular risk assessments and make changes where necessary.
- Provide staff with safety equipment (goggles, hard hats etc.) to reduce risks.
- Train staff members to a high standard.
- Maintain machinery and equipment according to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
If you’ve been injured in an accident in a Smethwick workplace which you believe your employer could’ve prevented, we could help you begin a claim. Please call to discuss what happened with a member of our team.
Make A No Win No Fee Claim For A Holiday Accident
In a similar way to personal injury claims in the UK, if you’re injured while on holiday abroad, you could sue for compensation if your accident was caused by somebody else’s negligence.
The types of holiday accident claim that are possible include:
- Cruise ship accident claims.
- Food poisoning claims.
- Airport or flight-based accident claims.
- Claims for injuries sustained while on an excursion.
- Hotel accident claims.
- Hire car or airport transfer accident claims.
You could claim against a package holiday provider if you booked that type of holiday which will usually mean a 3-year time limit. If you booked your holiday directly, you could still claim but the time limit might vary depending on the laws of the country you were staying in.
Smethwick Criminal Injury Victim And Sexual Abuse Claims
When you are the victim of a violent crime, you might not realise it but you could seek compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). This a government run scheme which could compensate you for physical or psychological injuries and some financial losses linked to the injuries.
Examples Of More Personal Injury Claims
We’re going to move on to other types of claims a no win no fee solicitor could help with. Before we do, here briefly are some more personal injury claims you could make:
- Slip, trip or fall claims – these could be possible if your fall was caused by uneven flooring, slippery flooring, trailing cables or poorly lit areas.
- Children’s compensation claims – an adult can represent a child in a personal injury claim at any point until they turn 18. If that hasn’t happened, the injured party can make their own claim before they turn 21.
- Accidents in public places – If you suffer an injury in a park, car park, on a footpath or in a shopping centre, then you could make a claim against the business or local authority if it was their negligence was caused the accident.
Compensation If Mis-Sold A Financial Service
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Smethwick could help you claim compensation if you’ve lost money due to financial mis-selling. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) places strict rules on the selling of products such as investments, mortgages, pensions or annuities. If they’re breached and you lose money, you might be able to claim.
Some of the FCA’s rules include:
- Making sure you can make an informed choice by being provided with a good range of products to choose from.
- Ensuring the customer knows about the terms, fees and charges of a product.
- Considering the customers lifestyle and health before recommending a product.
- Not pressuring the customer into making a purchase.
Compensation For Tenancy And Rental Deposits
The government introduced tenancy deposit schemes (TDS) to try and make sure deposits weren’t retained by landlords unfairly. You might be able to claim against your landlord if they’ve breached the TDS rules. These include:
- Putting your deposit into a suitable TDS within 30 days of it being paid.
- Letting the tenant know which scheme was used, also within 30 days.
- Making sure the deposit is left in the TDS for the whole of the tenancy agreement.
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Smethwick could help with TDS claims. Therefore, if you believe you have a case for a Smethwick tenancy deposit claim, please contact our advisors today.
Claims Against Landlords In Smethwick For Housing Disrepair
If you live in a rented property, your landlord has a contractual obligation and duty of care to repair some faults so that your property is safe to live in. These faults or defects include:
- Damp or mould.
- Electrical or fire hazards.
- Leaking roofs or pipes.
- Blocked drains.
- Broken heating or hot water supplies.
- Structural defects.
If you’ve reported a problem, which hasn’t been fixed, then you could begin a housing disrepair claim if it has caused you to become ill or injured or if your personal property has been damaged.
How To Contact Our Team
If you’re now ready to begin your claim, please call our friendly team on 0800 073 8802 today. We can arrange to call you if it’s easier when you fill in this online enquiry form. For all enquiries, we’ll use the following process:
Get In Touch With Us
We’ll start the ball rolling when you make contact with an advisor.
Discuss Your Situation
We’ll listen to your claim, look at the evidence and assess the chances of successfully achieving compensation.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Resources Or Services Covering This area
During your no win no fee compensation claim, it’s likely you’ll need to contact a number of different local services. We’ provided details of some of the more common below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Smethwick, West Midlands
When you make a personal injury claim, you’ll need to undergo a medical assessment by an independent doctor. We work with a panel of doctors local to Smethwick including;
|Alba Mascunano||Broad Street,
|Anthony Pearson||George Street,
Birmingham, B15 1PL.
|Mark Grocutt||The Old Priory Surgery,
Birmingham, B14 7NN.
The doctor will perform the assessment and ask you some questions about your injuries. They’ll then use your answers, coupled with their investigation, to provide a report for your personal injury solicitor. This will be used as a basis for your compensation claim and will provide details which include:
- The injuries you sustained and how severe they were.
- How the injuries affected you.
- If there’s likely to be an ongoing impact in the future.
Midland Metropolitan Hospital
If you need to get in touch with the main hospital in Smethwick, here are their details:
Midland Metropolitan Hospital
Smethwick, B66 2RT.
Sandwell And West Birmingham NHS Trust
Should you need to contact the NHS trust covering Smethwick because you need medical records or other information, please use the following details.
Sandwell And West Birmingham NHS Trust.
438-450 High Street,
West Bromwich, B70 9LD.
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
Here are the details for the local authority providing services to Smethwick.
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
West Midlands, B69 3DE.
West Midlands Police
Finally, if you need to get in touch with the police because you want to report an incident or request information, here are their details.
West Midlands Police.
Birmingham, B4 6NQ.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.