Stafford No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Stafford

No Win No Fee Solicitors Stafford

When somebody else causes you to suffer because they’re negligent, we think it’s only right that you should consider making a compensation claim against them using a no win no fee solicitor. You might want to make a work injury claim, a personal injury claim, claim for financial losses or claim because you were injured in an accident on holiday.

We have a panel of no win no fee solicitors who are not based in Stafford but can handle claims in the area. If you’d like to find out whether we could help you begin a claim, why not call on 0800 073 8802 today. We offer free advice and a no-obligation assessment of your claim.

If you’d rather find out more about no win no fee claims before calling, please continue reading this guide, where we aim to explain in as much detail as possible how you may be eligible to make a claim for compensation.

What Is Covered By A Conditional Fee Agreement?

No win no fee solicitors provide their services without any upfront payment. Because there is a potential risk that they might not be paid for their services, they don’t take on all claims. Before a solicitor will provide a no win no fee service, they’ll usually want you to demonstrate that:

  • You’ve suffered a financial loss, injury or illness; which was
  • Caused by somebody else’s negligence;
  • You were owed a duty of care by that person; and
  • Your claim is within the relevant time limit.

When a solicitor agrees to take on your claim, and you’re happy to proceed, you’ll sign a contract known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). It will explicitly state that:

  • There are no solicitor’s fees to pay upfront.
  • The solicitor won’t be paid if they don’t win compensation for you.
  • And the level of success fee that would be taken should they win the case.

Success fees are deducted from your compensation, meaning you don’t need to find the funds to pay a solicitor yourself and are limited to 25% by law.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

Stafford Traffic Accident And Car Injury Compensation Claims

If you’re injured because another road user was negligent, you could seek compensation for any injuries you sustain during the accident. Road traffic accidents (RTAs) commonly result in injuries such as:

  • Head injuries (sometimes involving concussion).
  • Back injuries.
  • Soft tissue damage, sprains and strains.
  • Neck and shoulder injuries including whiplash.
  • Broken bones and fractures.

If you would like to make a no win no fee injury claim for an RTA, try to gather evidence to support your claim. This can include:

  • Photos or videos of the scene of the accident.
  • Witness details.
  • The other road user’s details.
  • Dashcam footage.

We also advise that you seek medical treatment regarding your injuries as soon as you possibly can.

Stafford Medical Negligence Compensation Claims

When you’re treated by a medical professional, if their treatment is negligent, substandard, dangerous or unsuitable, and you become ill or suffer an injury, you could be entitled to claim medical negligence compensation.

Claims are possible against private medical companies as well as the NHS and can cover negligence during medical or cosmetic procedures. The types of medical negligence that could cause you avoidable harm and might lead to a claim include:

  • Suffering caused because you were given the wrong medicine or dosage.
  • A delay in treatment caused by a misdiagnosis which results in conditions such as cancer becoming worse.
  • Injuries sustained because of negligent cosmetic, medical or dental surgery.
  • Pain caused because of anaesthetic mistakes.
  • Illnesses such as sepsis or pneumonia caused by hospital super bugs.
  • Injuries caused by negligence in a care home.
  • Avoidable birth injuries affecting either mother or baby.

To discuss how we could help you begin a medical negligence claim, please call discuss your cicumstances.

Work Injury Claims For Accidents Which Happened In Stafford

A personal injury lawyer can sometimes help with no win no fee claims when staff are injured in accidents at work caused by their employer’s negligence. Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, employers are obliged to try and remove as much risk as possible to try and keep staff safe at work.

This means they need to identify risks and remove or reduce them where possible. They can also take steps to reduce risks such as:

  • Training all staff properly in their duties.
  • Ensuring equipment is well maintained and fault free.
  • Providing suitable protective equipment.
  • Keeping the work area as safe as possible.

If any of the above hasn’t happened and you’ve been injured in an accident at work, you could be able to seek compensation from your employer.

Claim If Injured In An Accident On Holiday

There are many types of holiday accident claim that you might want to make if you’re injured while abroad. If the accident was caused by staff provided by a service purchased as part of a package holiday, you usually have 3-years to make a claim under UK package holiday regulations. Claims could be made for:

  • Hotel accidents (including swimming pool or gym-based accidents).
  • Food poisoning.
  • Airport or in-flight accidents.
  • Cruise accidents.
  • Excursions or sporting activity injuries.
  • Hotel transfer or hire car accidents.

If you booked your holiday, independently, or your injuries occurred while not using components of your package holiday no win no fee solicitors covering Stafford could still help you, but the claim will be made against the party responsible in the country where the accident happened. This means local legislation will be used and the time limit for claiming might be different. We understand that making a claim for an accident that happened abroad my seem tricky, but our panel of solicitors can assist you.

Criminal Injury Victim Compensation Claims

It’s not that well known but if you’re injured during a violent crime against you, then you could claim compensation using the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) scheme operated by the government.

This scheme allows people who’ve suffered physical or psychological injuries to make a claim which can include financial losses linked to the injuries too.

Because it’s not a personal injury claim, the rules and eligibility criteria for criminal injuries are different. This means that, in most cases, there’s only a 2-year time limit, compensation amounts are different, and the crime needs to have been reported to the police.

For more information and advice on how to make a CICA compensation claim, please call and speak with an advisor today.

Other Common Accident Claims

Before we move on to look at other claims our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Stafford could help with, here are a few more personal injury claims that could lead to avoidable injuries;

  • Slips, trips and falls can happen almost anywhere and if they’re caused by somebody else’s negligence, could lead to a compensation claim.
  • Accidents, where a child is injured, could lead to a claim even though the child can’t represent themselves legally. A parent or responsible adult could become a ‘legislation friend’ to represent them during the claims process.
  • Accident in public places could lead to claims against the a negligent business or local authority responsible for the area where the accident happened.

With any type of claim, we’d advise you report it, photograph the scene, ask for witness details and seek medical treatment of any injuries. All of these steps can help provide supporting evidence of why the accident happened and what injuries you sustained.

What Is Financial Mis Selling And Can I Claim?

Under rules set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), you could be entitled to claim compensation if you’ve lost out financially due to poor or negligent advice while purchasing some financial products. These include pensions, mortgages, investments and annuities.

If your advisor failed to tell you about all of the terms, conditions, fees or charges involved with a product, you might be entitled to claim. You could also seek damages if they promised you a particular outcome such as ‘you’ll receive x amount of interest each year’, and this didn’t happen.

The time limit for financial compensation claims can vary so please call an advisor for advice about your options.

Unprotected Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims

A tenancy deposit solicitor covering Stafford could be used to help with tenancy deposit clams. Landlords are supposed to use tenancy deposit schemes (TDS) as they protect tenants by not allowing deposits to be kept unfairly.

You may be able to claim if:

  • Your tenancy deposit remained unprotected after 30 days of it being paid.
  • The landlord didn’t tell you which scheme they’d used within 30 days.
  • Or they removed the deposit from the scheme before your tenancy ended.

Disrepair Claims By Tenants Against Landlords

No win no fee solicitors handling claims in Staffordshire can sometimes help with disrepair claims by tenants. These could be possible when you are injured, made ill or suffer financial losses because your landlord didn’t repair faults or defects which they were obliged to.

These could include:

  • Electrical or fire hazards.
  • Structural problems.
  • Mould or damp.
  • Leaks or blockages.
  • Broken heating or hot water supplies.

If you believe your landlord is at fault and would like to make claim, try to photograph the defect and print out copies of any communication you’ve had with them about the problem. Claims are possible against private landlords as well as councils or housing associations. It is also important to note that you cannot make a claim for injuries or financial losses caused as a result of financial disrepair if you have not reported this previously to your landlord.

Make Your Claim Today


Get In Touch With Us

Call us on  0800 073 8802 or fill in this online enquiry form. 

Discuss Your Situation

We will discuss with you your circumstances and then we will connect you to our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Stafford.

Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date

Our panel of solicitors are not based in Stafford but can cover the area with ease, they will ensure that you are kept up to date regularly.

Useful Services For Claimants In Stafford

To save you time, we’ve listed some of the more common local services that you might need to contact during your claim below.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Stafford

When personal injury claims begin, your solicitor will require that your injuries are assessed by an independent doctor. We work with a panel of doctors  local to the Stafford area, such as:

Warwick BrindleyMill Bank Street,
Stafford, ST16 2QT.
Mohammed SafdarLower Penkridge Road,
Acton Trussell,
Stafford, ST17 0RJ.
Rajeev JahagirdarFaraday Road,
Stafford, ST16 3NQ.

The doctor will ask you a number of questions about your injuries and how they affected you. They will then produce a report for your solicitor which will be used to calculate how much compensation your claim is worth.

County Hospital Stafford

Here are the contact details for the main hospital in Stafford.

County Hospital Stafford
Weston Road,
ST16 3SA.

University Hospitals Of North Midlands NHS Trust

We’ve provided the details of the local NHS trust because you might need to contact them for medical evidence.

University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust.
Trust Headquarters,
Royal Stoke University Hospital,
Newcastle Road,
Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 6QG.

Stafford Borough Council

Should you need to contact the local authority to report an accident, you can contact them via the details below.

Stafford Borough Council
Civic Centre,
Stafford, ST16 3AQ.

Staffordshire Police

If you need to contact the local police because you need to report a crime or gather evidence, you can use the details below.

Staffordshire Police Headquarters
Weston Road,
Stafford, ST18 0YY.

Written by BT.

Edited by CE.