By reading this online guide, you will learn how a team of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Stevenage can help you to make a compensation claim. You probably already understand that if you are harmed due to the actions of a third party, you may have the legal right to claim compensation. But do you know how to actually go about this? Reading this guide will explain why you could be eligible to make a claim and how to proceed with one.
Before you are ready to proceed with a personal injury lawyer processing your personal injury claim for you, you might need some questions answered. If this is so, you can talk to a member of our claims team on 0800 073 8802. They will be able to offer you some free legal advice on how to make your claim, and also answer any questions that you have.
Explaining No Win No Fee Claims
Not all solicitors covering Stevenage will expect you to pay your legal fees upfront. You could, as an alternative, consider using the services of a No Win No Fee solicitor. This is known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). When you engage a solicitor to process your claim under a CFA, it means that:
- You won’t have to pay your solicitor anything for them to start working on your claim, and while they are helping you prepare for making your claim.
- You don’t pay any legal fees at all until the claim has been processed. Even if it takes your solicitor months to reach a resolution to your claim, they won’t ask you to pay any fees until the end.
- If your solicitor doesn’t manage to secure you a compensation settlement once they have finished processing your claim for you, then you don’t pay your solicitor any fees at all.
- If your solicitor does manage to secure a compensation settlement for you, they won’t expect you to pay any fees at all until they have received the compensation payment for you. They will then take their pre-agreed percentage of the total amount as their fee automatically, which is capped at 25% maximum, and then give you the money that is left.
As you can see, the financial risks associated with making a claim are minimised significantly by using a solicitor that offers to process your claim under a CFA. If you would like one of our claims team to explain more about how this service works, please call them on the number down at the end of the page. You may also like to click here to read our fuller guide to the No Win No Fee claims process.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Traffic Accident Claims With No Win No Fee Solicitors
- Stevenage Area No Win No Fee Clinical Negligence Claims
- Accident At Work Compensation Claims
- Holiday Injury Compensation And Flight Delay Claims
- No Win No Fee Violent Crime Injury Claims
- Are There Other Accidents I Could Claim For?
- Claim For the Misselling Of Financial Products And Services
- No Win No Fee Rent Deposit Claims
- Stevenage Housing Disrepair No Win No Fee Claims
- Make A No Win No Fee Claim
- Useful Services In This Area
Traffic Accident Claims With No Win No Fee Solicitors
The Department of Transport publishes a yearly report on road traffic accidents in the UK. The 2018 report shows that although the number of road traffic accidents in the UK is dropping slowly, there are still a significant number of injuries on UK roads every year.
Every kind of road user, including passengers in a vehicle and pedestrians using public roads, could be able to make a claim for the harm they suffer due to the actions of another road user. Some of the most common reasons for accidents include:
- Driving without due care, attention, or being distracted.
- Driving whilst drunk or under the influence of drugs.
- Vehicle faults, such as inadequate breaks.
- Dangerous driving, including speeding and racing.
If you are involved in a Stevenage traffic accident, it doesn’t matter how the accident was caused. What matters is that it can be proven that a third party was responsible. If this can be proven, then it could be possible to make a Stevenage accident claim for the harm you have suffered. This could range minor injuries such as whiplash, through to multiple fatalities. Call our claims team to get your claim started today.
Stevenage Area No Win No Fee Clinical Negligence Claims
We visit our GP when we feel ill, need more medication, or visit the hospital to have an injury treated. In such circumstances, we are forced to trust that the medical professionals caring for us do not cause us any harm. Most of the time this trust is well placed. However, clinical negligence can and does happen from time to time.
Whenever a medical professional harms a patient, in a way that was avoidable, it could be deemed that negligence took place. If you have been the victim of clinical negligence Stevenage and can be prove that negligence took place, we could help you to make a claim. Please call our claims team and explain your situation to them, they will let you know how best to proceed.
Accident At Work Compensation Claims
Whenever you are onsite at work as a full-time and part-time employee, contractors and/or freelancers, you should be able to expect to be provided with a safe working environment.
Every employer in the UK is expected to proactively uncover potential workplace hazards and take steps to mitigate the risks. These responsibilities are enforced by the Health & Safety Executive. When you are exposed to a hazard at work and it results in an injury or illness, then you could be able to make a claim against your employer. We can provide you with one of our panel of solicitors to process your claim for you. Call our claims team to find out how we can help.
Holiday Injury Compensation And Flight Delay Claims
It could be possible for a UK based solicitor to process a claim for an injury you sustained while overseas on holiday. It also could be possible for them to process a claim for holiday compensation flight delay or cancellation. Claims could be made against, for example:
- A hotel chain.
- An airline.
- A café or restaurant.
- A bar or nightclub.
- The organiser of an excursion.
- A water sports equipment rental firm.
If you suffer an injury on a package holiday, it will be the UK based travel vendor that your solicitor will pursue for damages, providing the accident occurred on an entity provided within the package. If you suffer an injury on a holiday you booked privately, through multiple sources, then it will be the actual travel provider that your solicitors claims against. For example, if you are injured during a plane flight, it would be the airline that is pursued for damages.
No Win No Fee Violent Crime Injury Claims
No win no fee solicitors handling Stevenage claims could be able to help you make a violent crime injury claim. Victims of violent or sexual crimes such as aggravated burglary, mugging, assault, bullying, rape, sexual assault, etc. can make a claim against the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). This is a special executive department of the UK Government, that provides a claimant with a way to secure compensation for violent crimes, when no other route to claiming damages is available. Our claims team can tell you more about this process, please contact them for more information.
Are There Other Accidents I Could Claim For?
We have covered some common kinds of claims so far in this guide. However, as long as you are within the personal injury claims time limit, then no matter how you have come to harm, if a third party is even partially responsible, you could have a valid claim. Other common kinds of accident claims include:
- Slips, trips and falls.
- Accidents in a public place.
- Accidents that happen in a retails store, shopping mall or supermarket.
- Illnesses such as food poisoning and other food-related health problems.
- Rail, coach and bus accidents.
And the list could go on. As a general rule of thumb, if you are injured due to the actions of a third party, you could have a valid basis to make a claim. Speak to our claims team. They will go over the circumstances of your claim with you, inform you of your legal options, and give you some free legal advice on how best to proceed with your claim.
Claim For The Misselling Of Financial Products And Services
Whenever you are discussing the purchase of a financial product such as Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), a Self-Invested Pension Plan (SIPP), or a pension annuity, there are specific rules the financial advisor must follow. These rules relate to the way that the financial advisor deal with your fairly, and ethically. A mis selling definition might include:
- You must be questioned about your lifestyle and habits such as whether you smoke or drink.
- You must be asked about your health and any prior or current medical conditions.
- The financial advisor must tell you what their level of experience is in selling financial products such as the ones they are offering you.
- You must be told that there may be other financial products that would suit you better than the one you are being offered.
- All financial risks must be divulged, and you must be informed that your money could be at risk.
- The financial advisor must provide you with the best advice for your circumstances, regardless of whether this advice would indicate that you should not purchase the product you are being offered.
If your financial advisor fails to follow these rules to the letter and you subsequently suffer financial losses, you could have a basis for making a claim. If you speak to one of our claims experts, they will go over your potential claim with you and let you know whether you have grounds to make a financial mis selling claim or not.
No Win No Fee Rent Deposit Claims
As a tenant who is renting property from a private landlord or a letting agency, there are certain rules that your landlord must follow, with regards to the tenancy deposit you hand them. These include:
- Within 30 days of being given a tenancy deposit, the landlord must take steps to protect the deposit money financially. What this means is, the landlord can’t spend your deposit, and they must make sure it is safeguarded if they go bankrupt. This is usually done by placing the deposit into a fenced account.
- For the entire term of your tenancy, the landlord must content to protect your deposit. They cannot spend it or add it to their working capital. It must be kept separate and protected.
- Your landlord must return your deposit to you in full when you give up your tenancy. Unless there is some legal reason for them to keep your deposit in full or partially. For example, you breached the terms of your tenancy contract in some way.
When your landlord refuses or cannot return your deposit, you could be able to take action to get it back. With a rent deposit, small claims court could be used to make a claim against the landlord. We can help you with this, speak to our claims team to learn how.
Stevenage Housing Disrepair No Win No Fee Claims
As a private tenant, there are rules and regulations and a comprehensive complaints process that covers housing disrepair. Your landlord must fix any disrepair within an acceptable timeframe, for reasons such as:
- Harmful housing disrepair such as mould or damp that could become a health hazard.
- Dangerous disrepair involving the structure of the property.
- A faulty electrical, gas or water supply.
- A leaking or damaged roof.
- Broken or leaking pipes.
- Faulty electrical wiring and fittings.
- A broken water heater or central heating boiler.
If your landlord does not fix the disrepair once you have followed the complaints procedure, then you could be able to make a claim for physical harm, or damaged belongings caused by the disrepair. Call our claims team to learn how we can help with this.
Make A No Win No Fee Claim
Whether you are unsure if you have a valid claim or not, or are certain that you do and wish to proceed with a claim, take the following steps to get the help that you need.
Get In Touch With Us
Reach out to our claims team on 0800 073 8802 today. They will act as your first point of contact, and talk you through the process of starting a claim.
Discuss Your Situation
Our advisors will explain the personal injury claims process to you. Let you know whether you have a valid claim or not, and then move on to arrange for a solicitor to process your claim for you.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
Useful Services In This Area
Below, you will find useful local information for claimants in the Stevenage area. Including key contact details for local organisations.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Stevenage
In order to be able to value your claim accurately, a solicitor will need you to undergo a medical examination to prove the extent of your injuries, and their effect on your life. Even if you have already tried using a personal injury claims calculator to get an estimate of the value of your claim, a solicitor will still need you to have a medical examination before processing your claim. We can organise a medical examination locally from these doctors:
|Kaleem Siddiqui||Holiday Inn Express Stevenage|
|Sola Osindero||Stevenage Clinic|
|265 Chells Way|
|Suzanne Fletcher||Peter Bennett Physiotherapy|
|3 Offerton Lane|
When you feel you are ready to go for a medical examination, call our claims team and they will arrange an appointment for you.
The Lister Hospital
Coreys Mill Lane
East And North Hertfordshire NHS Foundation Trust
Coreys Mill Lane
Stevenage Borough Council
Customer Service Centre
Herts. SG1 1HN
Welwyn Garden City
Written by M.C.
Edited by H.E.