This is an online guide to those who have been injured through no fault of their own in Wakefield and are looking to make a claim for the injuries that they have sustained. We will also discuss how our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Wakefield can assist you in making your claim. This guide will also aim to look at some of the more common types of claims that could be pursued for compensation.
Our claims team is available on 0800 073 8802 to answer any questions you might have. They will be happy to go through the process with you.
No Win No Fee Claims Explained
Do you understand what it means to use a No Win No Fee solicitor to have your accident or injury claim processed? The term suggests that you don’t pay any fees unless you win your claim, but is this actually the case? Let’s break things down here, so you can understand exactly what you will pay your solicitor for and when.
When you first instruct a no win no fee solicitor to help you to make a claim, they will not charge you any kind of new claims fee. While your solicitor is working on your claim, processing it and attempting to reach a successful resolution, they won’t ask you to pay any fees.
So, we can see that the claimant is not expected to pay anything while the claim is being worked on by a solicitor, or when the claim is unsuccessful. When the claim is successful, the solicitor will receive your settlement amount, deduct their fees and forward your compensation on to you. We have published an in-depth guide to the No Win No Fee claims process here.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Wakefield Car And Vehicle Accident Claims
- No Win No Fee Clinical Negligence Solicitors
- No Win No Fee Work Injury Claims In Wakefield
- No Win No Fee Accident Abroad And Flight Delay Claims
- Sexual Abuse, Assault And Other Violent Crime No Win No Fee Claims
- What Other Accident Claims Could I Make?
- Mis Sold SIPP Pension And Other Financial Product Claims
- No Win No Fee Landlord And Tenant Disputes Over A Deposit
- No Win No Fee Claims Against Landlords In Wakefield For Housing Disrepair Damages
- Begin A Wakefield No Win No Fee Claim
- Helpful Resources In This Area
No Win No Fee Wakefield Car And Vehicle Accident Claims
In a report published by the Department of Transport, it was shown that according to police reports, there were 27,288 serious injuries caused by road traffic accidents in the UK in 2017. This shows just how serious the problem of road traffic accidents are. Don’t forget that this is only the figure for serious injuries, there will likely have been many more minor injuries. Some of the most common causes of road traffic accidents are:
- Drivers who are speeding or racing.
- Drivers who are drunk, or under the influence of drugs.
- Drivers who are not taking due care or are distracted in some way.
- Vehicles that are faulty and not roadworthy.
- Static hazards that are obstructing a road.
All road users, and this includes pedestrians and passengers, are able to pursue a claim for damages if they have been injured in a road traffic accident that was not their fault. Whether you have simply suffered a minor case of whiplash, or have been injured more severely, we could be able to help you to make a claim. Speak to our claims team on the number at the end of this page to learn how our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Wakefield can help you to make a car accident claim.
No Win No Fee Clinical Negligence Solicitors
Have you been harmed by a doctor, or some other medical professionals such as a dentist, a nurse, or your GP? Did you know that every medical professional has a duty of care towards their patients, never to harm them in any way that could have been avoided? If you believe that you have been the victim of clinical negligence, these following statements will all need to be true:
- You suffered some form of injury or illness, directly or indirectly due to the actions of a medical professional or the operator of a healthcare facility.
- The medical professional, or the operator of the healthcare facility had a duty of care towards you, their patient.
- The harm you suffered, could have been avoided had alternative action been taken.
If your own case fits all three of these statements, then you may have a valid cause to make a claim for clinical negligence. We can connect you to our panel of No Win No Fee clinical negligence solicitors covering Wakefield who will process your claim for you.
No Win No Fee Work Injury Claims In Wakefield
Are you aware that you may be able to make a No Win No Fee work injury claim, if you can prove that your employer was responsible for causing an accident at work that injured you? Your employer is supposed to take all achievable measures to minimise the risk of an employee being injured at work. This legal obligation is policed by the Health and Safety Executive, who dictate Health and Safety legislation as well as providing guidelines for all UK based work environments.
If your employer fails in complying with safety at work regulations, and this leads to a member of the workforce either being injured in an accident or suffering a work-related illness, then they could be eligible to make a claim for compensation.
No Win No Fee Accident Abroad And Flight Delay Claims
Our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors help people to make accident abroad claims and can also assist with making a claim for a personal injury on a package holiday. There are two distinctly separate scenarios related to holiday accident claims, and these are:
- Privately booked trips – it would be the provider of the travel service that was responsible for the accident that you would claim against. For example, you come down with food poisoning after eating breakfast at your hotel, and you would make a claim against the hotel operator.
- Package holidays – it would be the UK based travel firm that you booked your holiday through that you would claim against. This is because there are regulations in the UK that state that package holiday vendors must ensure that every part of the package they sell, such as travel, accommodation, food, etc. is provided to a specific minimum standard of quality and safety.
If you have been injured or become ill while you were overseas on a package holiday, or a privately booked trip, speak to our claims team who will be able to tell you whether you could be entitled to compensation.
Sexual Abuse, Assault And Other Violent Crime No Win No Fee Claims
The process of making a claim for assault (including sexual assault) and other serious crimes such as rape, mugging, sexual abuse, etc. is a little different to the examples we have given so far. When victims of these kinds of violent crimes make a claim, it will generally not be the criminal that committed the crime that they will make a claim against. It will be a special body, operated by the UK Government, named the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) that the claim will be made through.
When a personal injury solicitor processes a personal injury claim on behalf of a victim of a violent crime, it is CICA that will pay the compensation. We can connect you to a solicitor from our panel that is familiar with the process of making a CICA claim. If you talk to our claims team on the number below, they will go over this process with you and provide you with advice regarding the criminal injuries claim process.
What Other Accident Claims Could I Make?
We have covered some of the more common kinds of claims that our panel of solicitors covering Wakefield could help people to make. But of course, there are many more kinds of claims that are also common, and we can help with these too. For example:
- You tripped over an electrical cable that was left running across the floor of a shop and broke your arm.
- A lorry accident caused a chemical spillage close to your home, and you were subjected to harmful fumes that made you ill.
- Whilst walking in a public park, you were attacked and bitten by a pet dog.
- You come down with food poising or some other food-related illness after eating in a local restaurant.
All of these are good examples of the way a person can be injured, due to the actions of a third party. In each case, it was not the victim who was to blame for the harm they suffered. No matter how you have been injured or become ill, if the blame can be attributed to a third party you could be eligible to make a compensation claim. Call our claims team for more information, and to find out if you have a valid claim.
Mis Sold SIPP Pension And Other Financial Product Claims
Have you been the victim of financial mis selling, such as a mis sold pension? Your financial advisor must have:
- Told you about all risks involved in the investment.
- Questioned you about your lifestyle and habits.
- Informed you that there may be better products than the ones they were offering.
- Offered you the best financial advice related to your specific situation and needs.
If you are sold a pension, annuity or insurance such as Payment Protection Insurance PPI without these rules (and others) being followed by your Independent Financial Advisor (IFA) then you may be able to claim for any financial loss you have suffered. If you talk to one of our claim advisors on the number below, they will go over your situation with you, and let you know whether you could have a valid basis for a financial mis selling claim.
No Win No Fee Landlord And Tenant Disputes Over A Deposit
Are you currently, or have previously been involved in a landlord/tenant dispute over a deposit? You, as a tenant, have specific rights with regards to your tenancy deposit. This includes:
- Your landlord must protect your deposit money within 30 days of being given it, and they must continue to protect the deposit for the entire time that you are a tenant.
- When you give up your tenancy, your landlord must return your deposit in full, unless you have breached the terms of the tenancy in some way. Your landlord cannot withhold your deposit in part, or in full, without a legally valid reason to do so.
If your landlord has either lost your deposit due to not protecting it (for example, they have gone bankrupt), or they have refused to return your deposit for an illegal reason, you could be able to make a claim. If you talk to a member of our claims team, they will explain how our panel of No Win No fee solicitors covering Wakefield may be able to help you with this.
No Win No Fee Claims Against Landlords In Wakefield For Housing Disrepair Damages
If you have been forced to live in a rental property that is in disrepair, then you could be able to claim housing disrepair damages for either physical harm or damage to your property that was caused by the disrepair. For example:
- Damp in the bedroom caused you to become ill.
- Mould growing in the bathroom caused one of your children to become ill.
- Faulty electrics caused you to be electrocuted.
In all these examples, the housing disrepair has caused either physical harm or financial loss, in a way that could have been avoided had the disrepair been taken care of by the landlord in a timely manner. Please contact one of our advisors using the information below. We can inform you about your rights, and check whether you followed the correct procedure for reporting disrepair.
Begin A Wakefield No Win No Fee Claim
If you believe you have a valid claim and want to move forward with it, the steps below will help you do so.
Get In Touch With Us
Call our claims team on 0800 073 8802. They will go over your claim with you, and let you know whether a) it is valid, and b) if our panel of solicitors can help you.
Discuss Your Situation
Our team will explain how No Win No Fee claims work, and also provide you with any information that you need. Once we are sure your claim is valid, we connect you to our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors who are not based in Wakefield but can cover the area with ease.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
Helpful Resources In This Area
All of the sections below provide additional information that could shed some more light on the claims process in your own case.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Wakefield
Using a personal injury claims calculator is a good way to get a rough estimate of how much you could potentially claim. However, your solicitor will need to value your claim more accurately to proceed with it. This means having a medical examination to judge the severity of your injuries. We work with a panel of doctors based in Wakefield, whom we have listed below:
|Sumeet Vohra||Raines Business Centre Wakefield|
|Denby Dale Road|
|Syed Naeem||Cedar Court Hotel|
|Denby Dale Road|
|Asad Nadeem Khan||Holiday Inn Wakefield - Meeting Rooms|
Pinderfields General Hospital
Cedars Business Centre
West Yorkshire Police
Written by MC.
Edited by CE.