Torquay No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Torquay

No Win No Fee Solicitors Torquay

It is possible to use a no win no fee solicitor to help you claim compensation when somebody else is negligent and causes you to suffer unnecessarily. This guide aims to help you understand when you could use no win no fee solicitors covering Torquay and what types of claim they could help you make. You might be claiming for a mis-sold mortgage, whiplash, an accident at work, a Torquay beach accident or for medical negligence. The list of claims is pretty extensive, but we’ll aim to provide as many examples throughout this guide as possible.

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors are not based in Torquay but can cover the area. Our team of advisors offer a no-obligation consultation to assess your claim and provide free legal advice. If you’d like to talk to a member of our team today, call us on 0800 073 8802.

Alternatively, if you’d like more information about making a no win no fee claim before calling us, please continue reading.

Conditional Fee Agreement Advice

If you decide to work with our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Torquay, you’ll be provided with a conditional fee agreement (or CFA). The CFA is a signed contract between you and your solicitor which explains what happens when the claim is won, and compensation is received. It will clearly state that should you have a valid claim, but compensation isn’t awarded, you won’t need to pay the solicitors fees. It will also confirm that, should you win compensation, a ‘success fee’ will be deducted to cover the solicitor’s fees. Success fees are limited to 25% of the settlement figure.

To be able to use a no win no fee service, you’ll need to show that you have been made to suffer, by somebody who owed you a duty of care, and that they were negligent. You’ll also need to ensure your claim is made on time. There is a personal injury claims time limit which is generally 3-years from the date of an accident or diagnosis of your injuries. For other types of claim, the time limit can vary. We’ll cover differing time limits later in the guide.

For further advice about conditional fee agreements, or if you’re unsure whether you have time to claim, please call a specialist today.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

Torquay Road Traffic Accident Claims

When a Torquay road accident occurs in which you’re injured, you could sue another road user if they were responsible for the accident. Whether it’s a car accident in Torquay, a cyclist accident, a bus accident or a pedestrian accident, if somebody else was to blame, you could be entitled to claim compensation.

Common injuries in road traffic accidents include:

  • Broken bones and fractures.
  • Strains, sprains, bruising and soft tissue damage.
  • Head injuries.
  • Neck and shoulder injuries including whiplash.
  • Back injuries.

It’s worth trying to photograph the scene of any road accident before vehicles are removed and ask witnesses for their details. It’s also really important to have your injuries treated by a doctor. This will provide medical records which could be used to support your claim.

Torquay Medical Negligence Compensation Claims

Another type of claim that a no win no fee personal injury solicitor might be able to make is one for medical negligence. A claim might be possible if you were made ill, suffered an injury or your existing condition was made worse because a medical professional was negligent.

These types of claim could be caused by:

  • Negligence in care homes leading to bed sores and other injuries.
  • Avoidable childbirth injuries.
  • Illnesses such as sepsis caused by hospital superbugs.
  • Surgical negligence leading to injuries (including dental, cosmetic and medical surgery).
  • Suffering due to delayed treatment caused by a misdiagnosis.
  • Anaesthetic errors.
  • Mistakes with medication.

Torquay Work Accident Claims

When you’re injured in a workplace accident, if your employer was negligent and could’ve prevented it from happening, you might be able to seek compensation from them. That’s because they have a duty of care to ensure staff that they have signed.

It may be possible to claim if your accident was caused by:

  • Faulty, damaged or poorly maintained equipment.
  • Missing or ineffective safety equipment such as goggles or hard hats.
  • Inadequate training in the task in which you were injured.

Work accident claim amounts will vary depending on the nature and severity of your injury. To find out what you might be entitled to claim, please speak with a member of our team.

Holiday Injury Compensation Claims

If you’ve suffered an accident while on holiday, you might be able to claim compensation if you were injured due to the negligence of a third party. The claim could be made against your package holiday provider if they sold you the service in which your injury happened (in your hotel, on the flight or on an excursion for instance). Alternatively, if you booked your holiday independently, a solicitor could still help you claim but they’d claim against the individual responsible or their company.

Package holiday injury claims generally have a 3-year time limit. Claims for other holiday accidents will be made using local legislation meaning the time limit might vary. Please call our team for advice on holiday accident claims.

Criminal Injury Claims Solicitors

Our panel of criminal injury claim solicitors could help you claim compensation if you’ve been injured in a violent crime. Usually, the case won’t be made against the criminal but a government-run scheme known as CICA (the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority).

The scheme means claims for physical and psychological injuries can be made as well as claiming for some financial losses linked to the injuries including funeral expenses in the most serious crimes.

Because it’s not a personal injury claim, there are some notable differences in the eligibility criteria, including:

  • The crime needs to have been reported to the police.
  • There is a 2-year time limit (although for some historical crimes this can be waived).
  • If multiple injuries are claimed for, only the most severe receives a full compensation payment. Subsequent injuries are paid on a sliding scale.

For more information regarding criminal injury compensation, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Additional Torquay Accident Claims

There are so many different types of personal injury claim that it’s impossible to list them all here. Before we move on to other types of claims our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Torquay could help with, we’ll briefly mention a few more personal injury claims.

  • Accidents in public places.
    If you suffer an injury in a public place, and the owner of the place was liable, you could claim compensation against them. Report the accident, get witness details, photograph the scene and seek medical attention for your injuries.
  • Children’s accident claims.
    Even though a child can’t make an accident claim themselves, a parent or responsible adult can represent them. This allows claims to be made any time before the child turns 18. If no claim has been made, the victim is able to claim before their 21st birthday.
  • Trips and Falls.
    One of the most common reasons for injuries are accidents involving trips, slips or falls. If you’re injured in a fall, caused by somebody else’s mistake, you could be entitled to compensation. Reasons somebody else could be to blame include; poor lighting, broken handrails, wet floors with inadequate warning signs, raised paving slabs and missing kerbstones.

Mis Sold Mortgage, Pension Or Investment Claims

You might be able to claim compensation if you’ve been sold a financial product by an advisor who breached the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) rules which caused you to lose money. The types of products covered by the FCA include mortgages, pensions, annuities and other investment products.

The idea of the rules is to allow consumers to make an informed decision about the product they wish to purchase. This means that the advisor is required to provide clear advice about a product including its terms, conditions, fees and charges. They also should provide you with a range of options to choose from and not place any pressure on you to buy any particular product.

If you believe that you’ve been mis-sold a mortgage or other financial product which has led to you losing money, call one of our team today.

Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims

If you rent a property from a landlord and you’re asked to pay a deposit, then it should be paid into a Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS). These are used to help make sure tenants don’t lose the deposit unfairly.

Under the scheme rules, our panel of tenancy deposit claim solicitors could help you if:

  • The deposit you paid wasn’t placed into a suitable TDS within 30 days of payment.
  • You didn’t know which TDS was used because the landlord failed to tell you in writing.
  • The money was removed from the TDS before the end of your rental agreement.

The scheme does allow for the landlord to retain some or all of the deposit in cases where bills or rent are unpaid or the property has been damaged.

Housing Disrepair Compensation

Housing disrepair claims can be used if a landlord has failed to meet their obligations to keep your property safe which has resulted in you suffering an illness, being injured or suffering financial losses.

Examples of problems which might lead to a claim include:

  • Structural damage or defects.
  • Electrical hazards.
  • Damp or mould.
  • Leaking pipes or roof leaks.
  • Blocked drains.
  • Broken boilers for hot water or heating.

If a problem has been reported to the landlord or they’ve highlighted the problem during an inspection, this housing disrepair protocol could be used to pursue a claim. Claims could be possible against any landlord including private landlords, local councils or housing associations.

Begin A Compensation Claim Today

To contact No Win No Fee Expert to begin a claim, you can call our team on 0800 073 8802. If it’s easier for us to call you, then you can request this by filling in this online enquiry form. For all enquiries, we’ll follow this process:

Get In Touch With Us

The first step is for you to initiate contact with us.

Discuss Your Situation

Then we’ll assess your claim for free. If we think your case is strong, we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Torquay.

Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date

If you choose to work with our panel of solicitors, they’ll update you regularly. If there are any offers of compensation to settle the claim, they’ll provide expert advice about your options.

Torquay Area Resources

Because you might need to contact one or two local agencies during your claim, to help save some time, we’ve listed some of the most popular below.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Torquay

A key piece of information needed for personal injury claims is a medical assessment from an independent doctor. We work with a panel of doctors right across the UK. Here is a sample of the doctors in the Torquay area that your solicitor could use.

Simon WearneEssential Chiropractic,
Lymington Road,
Torquay, TQ1 4BE.
Laura Sanchez PallaresCockington Lane,
Torquay, TQ2 6XA.
Mihaela ComanLymington Road,
Torquat, TQ1 4BE.

As part of your assessment, the doctor will ask a number of questions relating to your injuries. They’ll use your answers to write a report for your personal injury lawyer. The report will contain details about the type of injury you suffered, how severe it was, what impact it caused and whether they’ll be any long-lasting effects. The guide will be used by your solicitor to work out what level of compensation you could be entitled to.

Torbay Hospital

For information requests from the main hospital in Torquay, you can use the details below.

Torbay Hospital
Lowes Bridge,
TQ2 7AA.

Torbay And South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

If you need to contact the local NHS trust because you need information or medical records, you can contact them using these details:

Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
Trust HQ,
Lowes Bridge,
TQ2 7AA.

Torbay Council

In case you need to speak with the local authority, we’ve provided their details here.

Torbay Council
Town Hall,
Castle Circus,
Torquay, TQ1 3DR.

Devon And Cornwall Police

If you need to make contact with the local police force because you need to report an incident, you can use the details below.

Devon and Cornwall Police Headquarters
Devon, EX2 7HQ.

Written by BT.

Edited by CE.