Did you know that if somebody else is negligent and causes you to suffer unnecessarily, you could use a no win no fee solicitor to help you claim compensation against them? Some examples of the types of claims possible include personal injury claims, a work injury compensation claim or even housing disrepair cases. In this guide, we will aim to cover many of the compensation claims that no win no fee solicitors covering Halesowen could help you make.
If you are ready to discuss your claim right away, please call 0800 073 8802 today. Our advisors can provide free advice and a no-obligation assessment of your claim. Our panel of no win no fee solicitors have up to 30 years’ experience behind them and although they are not based in Halesowen but can cover claims in the area.
If you’d rather find out more about the type of claims that are possible before speaking with us, please continue reading.
What Are No Win No Fee Solicitors?
A no win no fee solicitor is one who offers to take on a claim under the agreement that their fees will not be paid unless they win compensation for their client. Therefore, they have to choose which cases they take on. Generally, you could be eligible to use a no win no fee service if:
- You have suffered physically, psychologically or financially;
- Caused by somebody who owed you a duty of care;
- And that person was negligent in some way.
You’ll also need to be claiming within the relevant time limit. The personal injury claims time limit and package holiday claims time limit is 3-years. Criminal injury claims have a 2-year limit while other claims have varying time limits depending on the circumstance. The best advice here is to call an advisor and check which time limit is relevant to you.
If a solicitor decides to take on your case, they’ll provide you with a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). This is a really important document because it states that you only pay the solicitor’s fees if they win your claim and you are awarded compensation.
Should that happen, you’ll receive your settlement amount after the success fee is deducted. The success fee covers the solicitor’s fees for their work. By law, it can be no higher than 25% of any compensation.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Halesowen Traffic Accident Claims
- Claim With Clinical Negligence Solicitors Covering Halesowen
- Halesowen Work Injury Compensation Claims
- No Win No Fee Flight Or Holiday Accident Claims
- Claims For Criminal Assaults And Injuries In Halesowen
- Further Examples Of Accident And Injury Claims
- Compensation For The Mis Selling Of Annuities And Pensions
- Reclaim A Disputed Tenancy Deposit
- Halesowen Housing Disrepair Cases
- How To Claim Compensation
- Services Covering This Area
No Win No Fee Halesowen Traffic Accident Claims
A traffic accident could lead to a compensation claim could possibly be made if it wasn’t your fault and a third party was responsible. Any evidence you collect at the time of a Halesowen road traffic accident (or elsewhere in the UK) could really improve your chances of claiming compensation because once the accident scene has been cleared, proving the accident circumstances could be difficult. Therefore, try to:
- Get the other driver’s details.
- Take photographs showing where each vehicle was positioned.
- Get witness details.
- See if there is any dashcam footage.
- As medical records can help prove you were injured, visit the A&E or your GP for treatment.
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Halesowen could help you make a claim for a road traffic accident, especially if you have taken the time to gather as much of the evidence listed.
You could claim for any injury sustained in a Halesowen car accident but some of the more common injuries include:
- Broken bones.
- Ligament or tendon damage.
- Severe cuts and bruises.
- Whiplash and neck injuries.
- Head injuries.
Claim With Clinical Negligence Solicitors Covering Halesowen
When a medical professional acts negligently while treating you, it might be possible to seek compensation for any injury or illness caused during treatment. Clinical negligence solicitors could help you claim for negligence during medical or cosmetic treatment against private companies or the NHS.
Some examples of medical negligence that our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Halesowen could help with include:
- Avoidable injuries caused by negligent surgery.
- Suffering caused by medication errors.
- Pain caused by anaesthetic mistakes.
- Illnesses caused by hospital super bugs.
- Suffering caused by a misdiagnosis.
- Injuries to mother, baby or both, during childbirth which could’ve been avoided.
Halesowen Work Injury Compensation Claims
Any injury caused by an accident in a Halesowen workplace could lead to claim if it was caused by the employer’s negligence. That’s because, under the Health and Safety at Work Act, employers need to try and keep staff safe while at work.
That means they should:
- Assess the workplace for risks and make changes where possible.
- Train all staff properly.
- Provide safety equipment.
- Ensure all staff know the company’s health and safety policy.
- Maintain all equipment to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
If you have been injured at work as a result of one of the above not happening, then our panel of injury solicitors covering Halesowen could help you make a claim. Please call for free advice on your options.
No Win No Fee Flight Or Holiday Accident Claims
Due to package holiday regulations, if you’re injured on holiday while using a service supplied by a package holiday company, you could sue them for compensation. If you booked the holiday independently or an accident was caused by somebody not linked to the holiday company, a claim could still be made but the time limit might be less than the 3-years for package holiday claims.
Here are some examples of why you might want to claim:
- Food poisoning.
- Hotel accidents.
- Airport accidents.
- Excursion injuries.
- Hire car or transfer accidents.
- Cruise ship accidents.
Claims For Criminal Assaults And Injuries In Halesowen
Being injured in a violent crime can leave you with both physical and psychological injuries. As a result, you might want to consider making a Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) claim.
CICA is a government scheme which means it doesn’t have the same rules and criteria as normal personal injury claims. Some differences include:
- Crimes must have been reported to police.
- In a successful multiple injury claim you’ll receive 100% compensation for the most severe injury but reduced payments for subsequent injuries.
- A 2-year time limit for claims. This might be waived in some circumstances.
Further Examples Of Accident And Injury Claims
Briefly, here are some more personal injury claims that our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Halesowen could help with:
- Slips, trips and falls – These are fairly common claims which are possible when caused by negligence including uneven flooring, slippery surfaces and trailed cables.
- Children’s injury claims – These can be made at any point before the child is 18 but a parent or responsible adult needs to represent the child.
- Public place accidents – You could sue a local council or business if they caused an accident in a public place like a shopping centre, a car park or on a footpath.
Compensation For The Mis Selling Of Annuities And Pensions
The Financial Conduct Authority has rules in place to try and prevent the mis-selling of annuities, investments, pensions and mortgages. This means you could make a compensation claim against a financial advisor if you lose money as a result of negligent advice.
Here are some things that could indicate that you have a claim:
- The advisor didn’t consider your health and lifestyle.
- You weren’t told about charges and fees.
- There were only one or two products suggested to you.
- The terms and conditions weren’t explained clearly.
- You were advised to move money out of a workplace pension.
- The advisor pressured you to make a choice.
Reclaim A Disputed Tenancy Deposit
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors could help you seek compensation against a private landlord, council or housing association if they failed to follow rules regarding Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS).
These were brought in during 2007 to try and help prevent tenants from losing their deposit unfairly. Some of the rules regarding deposits include:
- A landlord must pay a deposit into a TDS within 30 days of receiving it.
- They should tell the tenant, in writing, which scheme has been used.
- The funds must remain in the TDS for the whole of the tenancy period.
Halesowen Housing Disrepair Cases
When you rent a property, your landlord will have a duty of care or contractual obligation to repair some faults and defects. If you are injured or made ill because they fail to do so, you could claim compensation. You could also claim if your belongings are damaged by the fault.
Some of the faults which might lead to a claim include:
- Broken heating or hot water supplies.
- Electrical and fire risks.
- Leaking roofs or pipes.
- Structural defects.
- Blocked drains.
- Mould or damp.
How To Claim Compensation
Hopefully, you’re now ready to begin your claim. If that’s true, you can either call us on 0800 073 8802 or we can call you if you complete our online enquiry form. When we discuss a claim, we’ll follow the process below:
Get In Touch With Us
First of all, you need to pick up the phone and make contact with an advisor.
Discuss Your Situation
Our specialists will assess your claim for free with you. You could then be introduced to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Halesowen.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Services Covering This Area
During a no win no fee claim, there’s usually a good chance that you’ll need to contact a local authority, a hospital or the police to either report something or to request information. Therefore, to help you save a little time, we’ve provided some of the details you’ll need below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Halesowen
When you make a personal injury claim, you’ll need to see an independent doctor for a medical assessment. We work with a panel of doctors local to Halesowen;
|Richard John Whitehouse||Health Lane Consulting Rooms,
Stourbridge, DY8 1RF.
|Zahir Ali||Dudley Physiotherapy Centre,
Dudley, DY1 1JJ.
|Saeed Malik||Birmingham Road,
Dudley, DY1 4TB.
First of all, the doctor will assess you. Then they’ll ask a number of questions about your injuries and finally, they’ll write a report for your personal injury solicitor.
The report is an essential document in your claim as it will explain what injuries you suffered and how severe they were. It will also explain what impact the injuries had on you and whether you’ll continue to suffer because of them in the future. Your solicitor will use the report to help calculate the amount of compensation you could be entitled to.
Rowley Regis Hospital
If you need to contact the local hospital because you need information such as medical records from them, you can use these details:
Rowley Regis Hospital,
Sandwell And West Birmingham NHS Trust
Should you need to contact the local NHS trust, here are their details:
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust.
Here are the details for local authority providing services in Halesowen.
Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council,
Dudley, DY1 1HF.
West Midlands Police
If you need to get in touch with the local police during your claim, here are the best details to use:
West Midlands Police Headquarters,
Birmingham, B4 6AT.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.